RX-1 differences

©RxSX

I've looked all over this site.

How do I find the differences, if any, between the RX-1 models years? Also, differences between the RX-1 and Apex. Links?

Thanks.

Rx-1 was carbed and the Apex is EFI. The Apex is rider forward and the RX-1 is not. The 06 to 10 Apex made about 10 more hp than the RX-1 and the '11 Apex make about 20 more horsepower than the RX-1. All Apex models besides the RTX (which uses a dual shock skid) use a variation of the mono shock rear skid. Only the 05 RX-1's featured the mono shock skid, older models (03 and 04) featured the Pro-Action skid. Both sleds had long track variations. The Apex had the Attak (06 and 07) and the RX-1 had the Warrior.
These are a few base line facts to start you off.

after owning a rx and a apex, the difference is night and day. The only way you could pay me to ride a rx is to have a wildchild steering relocation kit. Dont miss the carbs either, efi is so much better.

Got an 03 RX. Have no issues with it. Great sled, great ride, no problems with carbs. The only thing I would recomend is the 05 (taller) seat. The original was pleanty comfy and my a$$ liked it fine but my knees didn't. Kept them bent at an angle they didn't like.

Apex/fuel injection may be better but this 50 year old's body remembers what sledding was like when it was young. Not spoiled I guess.

opsled

opsled said:
this 50 year old's body remembers what sledding was like when it was young. Not spoiled I guess.

Good point. I've got a '93 Exciter II now which I think is great. But I grew up riding sleds like a Polaris 250 Colt and 1980 Eltigre 5000. Man, that Arctic Cat screamed!

I guess it's all what you're used to. Really, I might pee my pants if I rode a 2003.

The carbs until 2006 surprises me as the R1 motorcycle was injected in 2002.

You mentioned the seat change. The newer sleds seam strangely high to me. Like your sitting on instead of in them. Of course I'm used to being low and steering with the rear.

©RxSX said:
Good point. I've got a '93 Exciter II now which I think is great. But I grew up riding sleds like a Polaris 250 Colt and 1980 Eltigre 5000. Man, that Arctic Cat screamed!

I guess it's all what you're used to. Really, I might pee my pants if I rode a 2003.

The carbs until 2006 surprises me as the R1 motorcycle was injected in 2002.

You mentioned the seat change. The newer sleds seam strangely high to me. Like your sitting on instead of in them. Of course I'm used to being low and steering with the rear.

A freind of mine was riding a 92 Exiter II. He said many times that the new sleds were cool the price was outragous and his sled was all he needed. Said he didn't ride enough to justify spending money on a new one. Said he never would and that he was probably going to get out of sledding all together.

He stopped over one day for some BS and a beer. My RX was sitting out as I had been tearing up the acreage with it an hour or so earlier. We BS'd for a while and I finally said "take her for a spin". He did. I thought his teeth were going to fall out of his face when he came back. His smile was as big as I've ever seen. One week later he was riding a new Vector. His mind was changed and he rides every chance he gets. They are not what we were used to. They are a whole different level of fun.

As far as the seat goes, It's a geometry issue. Some may not care or like it better but the 05 seat on my 03 made a HUGE!!!!! difference for me and my comfort. My 92 Vmax-4 is just fine for me as far as rider/sled geometry goes but the 03 RX just wasn't as comfortable. Night and day for me. I've been on the new Apex style sleds and I'm sure they would be better but the RX is no slouch in any respects. Great sleds. All of them.

opsled

Back