srx vs mxz 700...need help with mxz!

j2hizzo

VIP Member
my friend has an 02 mxz 700 and i have a 01 srx 700....we talk smack all in good fun about who will win in a race. well, he hasnt had his running as he purchased it with a blown engine. He fixed it and took it out for a spin yesterday and it makes a noise....its a clicking sound that seems to be coming from the left side around the feet area. We have checked bearing, taken skid completely out to check that, coggs are good and bearings are good. taken chain case apart and checked tension...checked brake. motor mounts are solid. needless to say we are at our witts end! I want him to get it running properly so i can smoke him! any ideas? we checked everything. it doesnt do it while its idling...only while its going, forward and backwards. I think it might have something to do with the clutches but i have no idea. i took it for a spin and it feels like it is rubbing somewhere. the track is perfect and doesnt rub! any ideas??????

try it ..flat spot on belt make weird noise on secondary ...does it make the noise if the sled doesnt move

You said bearings good in skid,, . How about the drive shaft bearing? That will cause some weired noises.....

FUNNY, YOU WANT THE GUYS ON A YAMAHA SITE TO TELL YOU WHAT WRONG WITH THIS MXZ SO YOU CAN SMOKE HIM. NOW THATS FUNNY SHIT RIGHT THERE !!!!!! lol. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back