Reed stopper notch WOW

Michael(Sweden)

I did the reed stopper notch last night on my sx700r and started it in my garage and was very disapointed because the engine felt the same as before.

I took it out of the garage to let it warm up, put my clothes and helmet on and went for a spinn on the snow.

The only thing I can say is WOW, the trottle respons was awsome.
Thank you all for a very very good and cheap trick to make a good engine run even better.

Next step for me is probably to bore the silencer, but I have read that I must put some work on the clutch too, so it will be a little more expensive.

Do you have any good setup ideas for the clutch on a stock sx700r-00 with reed stopper notch and a bored silencer?

Harvey said:
check out the tech pages for clutch setups-Harvey

I've been there but I can't find any clutch setup for notched reedstopper's and bored silencer.

Maybe you are better than me and can find that.

use the stock set up for that sled in the tech page. Those 2 changes won't effect the set up that much. I would peel at least the center layer of head gasket, if not the center and the bottom, if you aren't going to run pipes. Maxdlx

Yes the head gasket mod will make an even bigger difference with that sled.
I ride the Sx700R as well and have two layers of the head gasket removed, the reed spacers and Bender Silencer and clutch set up.
Now I want a camoplast track, drop one tooth in upper gear and new skis. With that set up there is no problem keeping up with the big boys on the trails.

51/43 helix, stock springs; 60 or 70 degree twist depending on temps and riding style; 14.5mm rollers; stock weights with 4.5g rivet in heel and 3.1g rivet in tip. That is the setup Turk gave me for my 700 with those mods.

Its a reed stopper notch not a reed spacer notch. The stoppers are the curved piece of metal that hold the reeds in place. The notch and the spacers do the same thing, open up the flow to front intake port whish is partially blocked by the stopper. Only the notch doesn't cost anything.

Back