Relay update 2001MM

norwegian

I refer to the techical bulletin of S2001-002 for 2001 srx700f. sx700f and mm700f
"engine drops rpm or shuts off when first starting".Where do I locate this relay, how does the old one look like and what does the newone look like
thank you

the relay is on the left side of the machine under the couling as your sitting on the machine...I think the stock relay is a little blue 1"x1" box that plugs into the harness and the replacement is white. Its really no problem if you turn the lights on dim with the dimmer switch then it will start without shutting off.

Here is a picture of the relay that you take out. When you put the new one in it also comes with a wiring harness. Part # for the kit is 90891-50137.

Attachments

• relay.JPG
    relay.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 9
i replaced mine once already, yamaha gave it to me after i bitched at them for awhile, and now i think it is shot also, it is acting the same way as it did before i changed it. do you think yamaha will give me another one?

where do you find the technical bulletins? online or do you got to hound the dealer, from my experience they never tell you these things unless you have nothing but trouble..

All updates should be listed in the Snowmobile Tech Manual which every Yamaha dealer should get at least 1 copy of every year. I normally order my own copy, but have not for 05.

grapeape, do you have the tech manual for 01? i have an 01 sxr and was wondering if there are other bulletins i should know about. thanks

i would but it is kinda hard to find a good dealer around here. i've got the run around from everyone i've dealt with. but it is a good sugestion, maybe i'll try out of province

Back