96 XT Rear Suspension Set-up

dnale

VIP Member
Does anyone have any tips/setups for the rear of my 96?

With gear I'm probably 200. I was told it had a beefed up spring (which one I don't know) before I got it.

I haven't touched the rear. It doesn't ride terrible but it's not great either. I usually know it after a day of hitting the trails.

I do mainly trails in the northern lower peninsula (MI) and one trip to the UP. Should I look at replacing the front spring on the skid? It's pretty cheap and I hear it's a good improvement.

I'll be honest that I think when I sit on the sled, it looses most of it's travel.

Hey Dnale

ask orginal springs what are in all europe xts. they brought xt with harder sprigs to europe than us. I have owners manual to xt if u need some info. If am right u can tighten rear spring to 85 mm distance from bolt and middle 75 mm from bolt. XTs rear is bottoming when u can see only half of rear axle wheel. last thing what came to my mind is ... have someone made service to u sleds rear shocks? orginal shocks can be maintained, if u put harder springs tell that to the guy who services shocks so he knows put more return damping so u sled wont jump.

Sorry if some words are written wrong. (Again)

ike

Ike,

There are a couple places that will rebuild/revalve the shocks. I'm hoping it would be a "cheap" fix with a $25 spring. I'll have to try some adjustments but it's hard to tell if anything will even move since it hasn't been adjusted in a long, long time.

So

first rebuild shocks and make adjustment after that so u wont make adjustments for nothing. Ride is really different after shock rebuilding.

ike

Jep both rear shocks at same time.

Front suspension tss aint rebuildable in xt but u can buy Engans shocks to front, those might be expensive...but i woud buy if i had extra money.

ike

Back