Bender Remote Fuel Mixture Adjuster Screws

MountainMax

anyone install a set of these find any trouble, i can get them to work great but only if i leave each of the two lower screws that holds the bas on a bit loose, I tried to use small flatwashers under the carb brace and above it but nothing seems to work, they bind up when adjusting them, or they just slip, any ideas anyone?

I had the same probelm. If you turn the knob as you are tightening the screws it helps to seat them. It may take several tries, but they will settle in. Hope that helps!

Same here. I put them on my srx, and had to really mess with them to get them centered so that they wouldn't bind as you turned 1 full revolution. After all that time, I found out I could only turn them about 1 1/4 turns out before the new adjusters would bottom out against their springs. I wasted all that time and could only open the screws 1 1/4 turn open! Boy was I _issed! I spent a lot of time putting in small washers between the pieces, and then re-centering everything again. The whole project really took a lot more time and effort than originally expected. All said and done, it works fine and helped me get dialed in easier, but you will say a few choice words while trying to get everuthing aligned perfect. I feel your pain. It can be done so don't give up. It's not just you. :wink:

Bender Racing says for me to use threadlocker on the screws so they won't go too tight....not a great fix from the makers of the product, as for the 1.25 turns thing, i found that too, i had washers from the three litte secondary spacers to try that too-still no luck, d*% it.

Had the same problem on my sons sled, our fix was to file some metal off the end of the screw driver tip so they wouldn't bottom out so soon.

Hey guys, i know this thread is old, but i broke one of my bender adjuster screws and now have a new set, same problem, still can't them to turn more then 1/2 turn, I was thinking of taking it apart and drill out the main hole for the aluminum part a little larger to allow it to twist a bit inside and not bind up, any ideas?

Back