seney, mi

BigTimeFarmer

Just woke up in seney. We got here yesterday about noon. Rode to grand marais and had Scotch eggs at the brewery. The trails were fair to excellent with the majority being good. Some icy corners here and there but overall great riding. 2ft plus of fresh powder north of seney, enough to come over the hood. Heading over towards Marquette today. Ill post more when we get there.

Well we didn't make it to Marquette. Dang old farts didn't want to go past Christmas. Still put on 180 miles. Trails were excellent all the way. Very few sleds on the trails.

Well we got the old guys to take a real trip yesterday. Rode to Marquette via au train. Stopped and stoked the fire at lakenenland. Took trail 8 south to gwinn and on to Christmas for some blackjack. One last stop at The bear trap on the way back home. Put on 240 beautiful miles. Snow a little thin between Marquette and gwinn. Had a warrior go down in ebon junction. Oil was pouring out the bellypan. Today we put on a lazy 85 miles between seney and melstrand on some powdery two tracks. All told, we rode almost 600 miles since Sunday on great trails. We're meeting another group this weekend and staying in Curtis until Monday. Hopefully we get some snow so we can ride Out of town.

Sound like fun. We rode the creek today, it was very nice. About 5" of fresh snow from last night on top. Not as nice as your ride im sure but the rivers setting up nice. Have a beer for us fools back home. CCC

Sounds like a great trip. I remember seeing Lakenenland when we stayed in Au Train a couple years back. We had no clue what it was but did the little sled tour around it. It was pretty interesting. We had crazy snow that year. Had a blizzard when we were there. So much snow and drifts that I swore I was driving a snow plow.

Sitting in Andy's winding down the day. Rode from Curtis to grand marais. Tons of people up here. Trails starting to get beat. Still pretty good but need some snow in town. Curtis to seney across the lake is doable but the roads probly gonna be bare by Monday. Having a ton of fun. Glad to be in God's country here in the great UP.

Need Some Help! We have planned Farther Son trip to the UP coming up Jan 23 thru 27 getting rain her in Ohio. Take 11 Hours to Seney What is the forcast and should we make the trip

According to John Dee's it looks like they are getting some snow. Don't know how good or how the trails are. Try some of the trail report sites.

ShoeMan said:
Need Some Help! We have planned Farther Son trip to the UP coming up Jan 23 thru 27 getting rain her in Ohio. Take 11 Hours to Seney What is the forcast and should we make the trip

you should have a great trip in my opinion. they got fresh snow on sat, sun, mon, the 15,16,17. i'm sure they'll get more by the time you guys get up there. all the trails were pretty good considering the extremly heavy traffic over mlk weekend. do the marquette, gwinn loop i talked about. it was an awesome ride.

Back