Cadillac, MI Riding

NewSRX'R

Just a quick heads up on the conditions around here. Don't want to see anyone waste gas money to get to this area and be dissapionted. Our trail system is a disaster as we have only enough snow to cover trails. Lakes are frozen but rough. I was in Boyne this weekend and they had gotten nearly 10" of fresh powder friday with pushing 18" total on ground. Conditions were good from Kalkaska to Petosky. The farthest sould worth riding would be North of Fife Lake the further north twords Boyne falls the better....Cadillac area can't seem to buy snow if we had to!!!!!!! I know alot of you guys travel to norther Mich. and I know how I would feel booking rooms and planning a trip so thought you would app.

Update on Cadillac area in the last week and a half we have recieved over 8 inches of new snow....trails are good and fields are a blast to ride....Took forever to replenish what we lost but it's here now!!

Cadillac trails were toast on Saturday afternoon. Snirt Snirt and more Snirt. The white pine looked hopeless as all the snow was pushed off it and it was down to concrete. I must say the Cadillac trails were 100000% times better than the Baldwin and Wellston/ Manistee trails. Trail 3 was absolutely murdered between Irons and the trail 6 corridor and I ended up breaking a rail on those people eating moguls. we got about 4" Thursday night and another 5 or 6" on Friday night and the trail was back to dirt by 1pm Saturday afternon. Hopefully with the good wet stuff we got on Sunday, grooming efforts will pay off and get some sort of a base going...

if your going to spend the money to go to Cadillac keep driving and ride from Fife lake less people and more snow.

T.S.U.Filmz said:
if your going to spend the money to go to Cadillac keep driving and ride from Fife lake less people and more snow.

Definitely more snow in the Fife lake area, but I have to disagree with the less people statement. Ranch Rudolph is the metropolis of clusterf**cked trails. Oh and you are stuck on one loop of trail unless you cut over to the blue bear or down to the Beulah trails (none are connected) I have ridden out of Fife Lake all my life(own a cabin just outside of town) and this is possibly some of the hardest hit trail in the NLP. Not to mention dealing with Kalkaska countys finest pulling there radar stunts on sections of the trail. If the trail is on a seasonal road, there will be a man in blue standing at the end of the road with the gun waiting for you to break the 55mph speed limit. I had a buddy get hit with wreckless driving and taken to jail for hitting 119 (yes officially 119 on his mod RX1) on the gun on a seasonal road section of trail 55 in kalkaska county. I avoid those trails at all cost now. Just my opinion...

we ride out from our cabin just north of Lake city. there is never anyone on these trails from blue bear to fife lake.

Ranch Rudolf is a cluster but if you head out to Lake city and Grayling i don't really ever see anyone

White pine trail shouldn't even be considered a sled trail anymore....over ridden and who in their right mind paves a sled trail??? This was done for the rollerbladers and so on it is a waste not to mention boring and strait...lol I live 7 miles north of cadillac and other than ride to work in town on the weekend I dont venture south of town....head for caberfea or north I never have issues but then I ride weekdays too?

Back