Ok. the Gauntlet has been thrown down ...opinions?

dirtkatt

ok enough talkin.....here's the deal: Rat sled show down at my shop. 70's vs's 80's vs 90's...

The 'Boy', (my just turned 16 year old son. Been racing since he was 6 with over 145 carreer motorsports wins)..stock as a rock 94 Polaris INDY 500 EFI SKS....(nice respectful kid, real talent, but smirks every time us 'ol timers' fire up our dinosaurs )

Gary the 'i've never missed a lunch in my life' redneck and his 85 Formula Plus.....lessee, sled? 500 pounds, 285 pound rider. 'but i have handwarmers' can you say 'snowball's chance.....

me, 'The 'ol Man'...78, Jurrassic Park SRX 440. Wide Tracked Front end. Rumored to be ported, Polished, Bored 'big', 'big'carbs, with shaved heads, and spiffy LED Drift lites and new paint, and twisted clutch. me and Sled? a svelte 700 pounds. Hey, we gotta eat......

the Rules:
600 feet. (can you tell who set the distance?)

sleds raced as purchased: No studs. no kicking, biting, choke holds, no Picks, nitrous, 420, Crown Royal, or moonshine. 93 octane fuel only

At Steak (mis-spelling intended):

Boy Wins: dinner at the local Steak house, WITH his flavor of the week.

Gary, long lost brother of Larry the cable guy Wins: Case of yuengling Porter AND Case of Sam Adams Winter Wheat, Dad picks up Tab at dinner. (boy Wins too)

Dad wins: Gary picks Up tab for Dinner. 5th of Crown, Dark. Boy washes all 7 of my Oilfield water trucks...'WELL'....and we stop dissin the old man's ride.

so what say you fellow forum members? is Dad gonna be openin his wallet? ;)!

*we've all played a lil bit, and from what I've seen, they're big time history.....

super1c said:
My moneys on DAD! Wish i could see this race. Maybe have someone shoot a video and post it up for us. CCC

plannin on it! look for it Soon!

The "no studs" could come into play. I would bet on the SRX, but if one of the others hooks-up while the others spin...

Be sure to post the results along witht he best excuses from #2 and #3!

those old SRX's are crazy quick, there is a guy around here that attends the local ice drags and his walks down on newer sleds like nobodys buisness, its unreal actually, my money is on the ole' man,LOL. Good luck.

cumminsdsl said:
those old SRX's are crazy quick, there is a guy around here that attends the local ice drags and his walks down on newer sleds like nobodys buisness, its unreal actually, my money is on the ole' man,LOL. Good luck.
EXACTLY WHY HE WIILL LOSE WITHOUT STUDS. YOU EXPLAINED THAT PERFECT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

No studs, huh?

Obviously whomever has better traction will win then.

That plus while a boat anchor, it might help to have the extra weight. Depending on the year, those 521 cc rotax's went well. IIRC, the older 521's were type 536's and should have a hp advantage. The sks, yeah it's a 488 indy 500 LC. We have that same sled except not an SKS, so it is a 121", and while a good sled, it isn't impressive speed wise, but the rider is lighter, and that extra track length and not insane power might get it some traction. The SRX, yeah, if traction isn't an issue should win, but this is up for grabs.

Just for fun I say the boy. Longer track and lighter all around.

Makes sure you make it best of 3 or 5 races. So no one will have easy excuses.

if sks means long track i think you better change the race to 1000 feet. unless you are on hard pack!

I wonder if they raced yet.......

Or maybe dad lost and isn't excited about this anymore, and a lot more broke.....

Back