00 srx 700 vs 98 zrt 700

hessracing

i hope this dint get posted twice and i put something up similar last year but we still havent raced i have a 00 srx 700 witha mrbp can hauck helix and red spring in my secondary with a 9-1 rap i weigh about 215# now my buddy has a 98 zrt 600 bored out to a 700 with v force reads tripple scilencers and picks hes about 235# should i be afraid i hope not hes got such a big head! pull through srx what do you fellas know about the kitty cat??

If your worried or afraid you may lose..... definitely lose the can....

Last edited:
My 700 hangs w/my buddies and thier Thundercat 1000's... sometimes even beat them. But the farther I go... they always seam to catch up and pass me... haha. Your are good to go bro.

tomseal6 said:
This is not even a race.. A well tuned SRX will beat a F-7 on a longer run

It's a ZRT 600 that's been bored out to a 700, not an F7 twin.

While I am not a fan of cats either, the zrt's of any size were actually pretty reliable motors.

I had a friend that had this same type of setup on a ZRT 600. It was pushed to 700 and had bored carbs and D&D pipes and porting. When he was stock and just clutched I could smoke him with my Viper. After he had all this stuff done he could barely beat me up top on a long lake. But by this time I had also installed a 1.25" track which got me off the line better but also scrubbed a few MPH up top. If you have an SRX setup well it should not be a problem. all depends.............conditions and tuning

Back