Big Blue is teaching me a lesson

Zachalyse

Made the switch to a 2010 Renegade 800R. 640 miles on the sled. First 30 miles out for the season..Kaboom!! Oh and should I add that it is 6 weeks out of warranty. Could I be anymore screwed?

I should have known better!!

kaboom!

sorry to hear that! I heard those motors are not cheap to rebuild! Should of kept the yammie for backup!Any obvious reasons that caused it?

Not a clue. Wasn't even getting on it. Running around 50mph and she just died..I am completely puzzled.

That is just sick! I would definately try talking to your dealership or even Bombadier directly. That is low miles, if they have any pride in thier product they should still cover it under warranty! With the amount that a guy has to pay for a new sled they should last thousands of miles. I hope they do right by you!

sasksrx said:
That is just sick! I would definately try talking to your dealership or even Bombadier directly. That is low miles, if they have any pride in thier product they should still cover it under warranty! With the amount that a guy has to pay for a new sled they should last thousands of miles. I hope they do right by you!

I agree,
Yamaha stepped up to the plate on my Vmax-4 after the warranty expired on two different occassions.

I know alot of times, it comes down to your dealer, they can make or break the claim with the manufacture. my local yamaha dealership did this on a few occasions for me. The dealership has alot more bargaining power then the consumer does, they can go thru company/dealer rep and such and get it taken care of if they will go to bat for you. If they dont, find a new dealer that actually cares about it customers and your more then just a number.

sorry to hear of the burndown so soon.

i got a friend who own a doo shop and i know they had alot of problems with blowing the crank seals out

ebayfreak said:
sorry to hear that! I heard those motors are not cheap to rebuild! Should of kept the yammie for backup!Any obvious reasons that caused it?

Simple he lost his tuning forks,lol, sorry had to.

Sorry about your luck, I wouldn't give up without a fight, no need for a basically brand new machine to s**t the bed that fast no matter the make. Good luck with it.

Motor will be covered but I have to pay labor..Shouldn't have to pay s**t in my opinion.

I would take that piece of crap skidoo motor and thow it in the trash(trash meaning sell on ebay) and install a srx engine in that thing, while your bitch slapping all your new doo budies with that srx engine, put a built mono skid in it just put the icing on the cake.

Sorry to hear of your loss, don't worry, I am sure that new one wont have any trouble.

17,000miles on my apex and still going.

Sorry I don't have any doo parts to help you out with but I think I did help you out with this pitty party/gloat fest thread.

good luck with the new engine

Scott

GUYS ITS A TRADE OFF I GUESS. SKIDOO ROTAX POWER FOR YAMAHA,S HOUR,s AND HOUR,s OF TROUBLE FREE FUN. GUESS WHAT I WOULD TAKE. AFTER 2002, (I DO RESPECT THE MACH TRIPLES) YOU CAN TAKE ALL THOSE SKIDOO CRAP BOXES AND FLUSH THEM. STARTING WITH THE REV,s !!!I WOULD NOT TAKE ONE OF THEM THINGS IF SOMEBODY SAID HERE, ITS FREE. I SAY NO THANKS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
GUYS ITS A TRADE OFF I GUESS. SKIDOO ROTAX POWER FOR YAMAHA,S HOUR,s AND HOUR,s OF TROUBLE FREE FUN. GUESS WHAT I WOULD TAKE. AFTER 2002, (I DO RESPECT THE MACH TRIPLES) YOU CAN TAKE ALL THOSE SKIDOO CRAP BOXES AND FLUSH THEM. STARTING WITH THE REV,s !!!I WOULD NOT TAKE ONE OF THEM THINGS IF SOMEBODY SAID HERE, ITS FREE. I SAY NO THANKS. 3:16 (yammie tony)
and I thought I was being mean ;)!

How much in labor are you talking?

Mr Viper is correct about the dealerships making the final call. The company only will do so much, but the dealerships are the ones seeing the actual customers. 99% of the time, a dealership going the extra mile to make a customer happy will result in more sales for them over the long run.

As far as the Rev's, I actually like the riding position and ergos. The Rev X's are even better in that department.

To some, they have to have a sit down , non rider forward sled. To each their own.

Now as to the old 800 HO/ powetek revs, yeah, they have seen their share of problems, but hopefully the new 800E Tec has those issues taken care of. That new 800 etec is a beast power wise. When I rode the 2011 prototype 800 etec mogul masher racer special last february, it was one arm stretching powerful sled.

Last edited:
If ya ask me, you guys are sounding like complete tools..You sound like a couple of 15 year olds....I know it's just ribbing. Forgive me for not chuckling along with you.

That being said, I will keep my Renegade and blast the powder. When I'm done I will jump on my Yami and run the trails wot. I appreciate both brands advantages regardless of being bit the way I have.

horkn - I guessing $500-$700

I AIN,T BEING KNOW TOOL. THATS MY 100% OPINION OF SKIDOO. HEY PEOPLE CAN BUY WHAT THEY WANT. I AM SORRY FOR THE BAD LUCK, BUT YAMAHA HAS PROV,IN SINSE 1968 THEY ARE THE MOST RELIABLE SLED COMPANY OUT THERE. AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACING. GLAD TO SEE ATLEAST YOU WILL BE BACK UP ON THE SNOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Zachalyse said:
Made the switch to a 2010 Renegade 800R. 640 miles on the sled. First 30 miles out for the season..Kaboom!! Oh and should I add that it is 6 weeks out of warranty. Could I be anymore screwed?

I should have known better!!

(then we have)

If ya ask me, you guys are sounding like complete tools..You sound like a couple of 15 year olds....I know it's just ribbing. Forgive me for not chuckling along with you.

Tools??????????????/

Dude, what did you expect????????? (This is a Yamaha site ya know) Totally!!!! Yamaha!!!

Personally I think you were treated with great respect and simpathy for your self created misfortune.

Just be happy you don't have two Ski Doo's.

At least you're ridin.

opsled

opsled said:
Tools??????????????/

Dude, what did you expect????????? (This is a Yamaha site ya know) Totally!!!! Yamaha!!!

Personally I think you were treated with great respect and simpathy for your self created misfortune.

Just be happy you don't have two Ski Doo's.

At least you're ridin.

opsled

Been on this site for many many years. The one thing I've always admired about this site was how the majority here don't bash like the other site. Always felt totallyamaha was way ahead of the others with its class. I started this topic actually praising Yamaha, not bashing them. I also agree for the most part I got huge respect. And I know it is just razzing but it also just feels like it's kicking a fellow member while he is down.

The brand bashing is just something I haven't seen much on here and am just surprised when I read it.

That's all. I will let this rest.

Coldplay97 said:
just wondering if that was old gas and the motor went lean....what did you find out?

Crank bearing failure. One thing led to another. Take a look at the underside of the case. Yup, busted for sure.

Attachments

• DSCN0661.JPG
    DSCN0661.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 11
Just curious...were you running full synthetic, semi synthetic, or conventional non synthetic"Dyno Oil"?[I don't care what brand it was]
The reason I ask this is I have heard that for crankshaft life it makes a significant difference on the Doos as well as Polaris.

Back