srx VS. 2009 apex GT

short run you should walk on him, it will pass you though, the SRX has long legs, but the apex's are a little longer, but then again, who knows until you try.

my well set up 2000 srx would walk my dads 06 apex all around. his was a 136" track though, not sure how much diffrence there is between them and the 121's

i pull him for about 500ft by about a foot then he just goes and goes and goes and goes and goes im just wondering if my setup is that bad

no, they're just that torquey even without the torque they have more hp. i know they are heavier but again they have alot more consistent torque.

i can't even pull one by a foot so you're doing better than me.

Wayne084 said:
no, they're just that torquey even without the torque they have more hp. i know they are heavier but again they have alot more consistent torque.

i can't even pull one by a foot so you're doing better than me.
yeah hes weighs alot more than me... and he has a FIX motorsports airbox and some goodies IDK... its just amazing to me from a roll he just get out and i cant close the gap its making me mad , lol maybe i should try a clutch setup besides stock...

What conditions are you running in? The apex with the long track will kill you almost anywhere but good hard packed snow or ice.. Been there done that. Had, my *** handed to me by an 08 apex, spring conditions soft mushy snow. Had my chance against the same sled at a radar run next season and beat it by 9 mph.. The guy couldn't believe I was on the same sled!!

If you really want to embarrass a Apex pic up an old Thundercat or a 1000 Mach Z. The Apex is not even close to these sleds in any conditions.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
EVEN SET-UP THE APPEX WILL EAT A MACH Z 1000 TWIN. LIKE YOU, I HAVE SEEN IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

thats if the mach last the duration of the race,LOL

jabber800 said:
What conditions are you running in? The apex with the long track will kill you almost anywhere but good hard packed snow or ice.. Been there done that. Had, my *** handed to me by an 08 apex, spring conditions soft mushy snow. Had my chance against the same sled at a radar run next season and beat it by 9 mph.. The guy couldn't believe I was on the same sled!!
we were playing all day on the trail just groomed not icy but hard packed then on ice with a couple inches on top, he weighs about 230lbs im guessing and i weigh 170 ... i can come out of the hole hard and stay inches ahead or even for awhile but then he just pulls

In a couple short runs to 100mph the girlfriends dads 07 apex ate me for supper.. about 5-6 sled lengths...my sleds stock...but still those things got a pile of power and a few more years of brialliant technology...but my sled recieved more attention at the snow shack....

EVEN SET-UP THE APPEX WILL EAT A MACH Z 1000 TWIN. LIKE YOU, I HAVE SEEN IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I have never seen an Apex run anywhere near a Mach Z 1000. I have run several Apex's and none of them seem to run. An Apex is only 150hp and doesn't have much torque I think around 80 ft lbs. A decent Mach Z is in the 175 hp range with 125 ft lbs. And the Apex is heavier than the Mach. Only way an Apex beats a Mach Z is if it has some kind of a power adder. Turbo, Super Charger, or N20. Even the new Z1 cat dusts the Apex. They had one at the shootout this year and it absolutely smoked it in ET and in MPH.

well Yamaha better come out in February with a 200 HP sled,but knowing Yamaha..they'll just add maybe some brighter lights or something stupid.....

Or they will tell you the 2011 Apex will be 163 H.p. Then someone will dyno them and they will be 149 H.P. same as last year just a lot more money.

bluemonster1 said:
well Yamaha better come out in February with a 200 HP sled,but knowing Yamaha..they'll just add maybe some brighter lights or something stupid.....
Your not going to buy one anyway!!!!

the 163 h.p. was a "pre-production sled". the shootout sled made 150.5 h.p..
a 600 w/ a 1.5" or deeper lug track will beat all those sleds in a typical field race.
bob

2011 APPEX IS 163. SEEN ONE DYNOED AT C&H THIS PAST AUGUST. WAS LUCKY TO BE SAME DAY DYNOING MY SRX. 3:16 (yammie tony)

That was not a stock Apex. The guy at Dynotech admitted it later.

Back