How was the first ride???

I only went about 10 or 15kms just to get the sled warmed up and to see what bolts I forgot to tighten. Managed to get frost bite on my neck too.

Rode about 160km's which is about 100 miles. It was great no trail grooming or traffic so I spent most of the day in 8 to 14 inches of powder. I can't even think of how to descibe it because it was that good. It could rank up there with one of the best rides of the year. Sorry to do this to you but you asked. :WayCool: :rockon:

The Houghton Ride was great ... a little cold, but fun!

I am sure there will be a lot of pictures surfacing soon! I happen to have some karoke gone bad ty style pictures! ;):D

The houghton ride was a good time...as gina said it was a little cold and windy (especially on Brockway Mtn), but the trails were reasonably groomed for the whole ride and nobody broke down, so i guess it wasnt all that bad. It was really great meeting everybody and i am going to try my best to make the first muni ride in Jan. Im not sure what I missed on Saturday night, but i did see them setting the karaoke up at the bar before we left, im sure the pictures that surface will tell it all.

Doktor: I managed to freeze my head to the inside of my helmet due to a leak in my goggles (kinda like frostbite i guess). The wind was hardly bearable on some parts of the ride (especially with no handwarmers), but nice to get out and put some miles on anyways.

The bar would have made some serious cash if they would have sold ear plugs, especially when Frank the flamer was up there doing his Bee Gee's and ABBA favorites (and thinking he was GOOD). But it was entertaining and good for a lot of laughs.

Last edited:
darn

I was in Ironwood, but forgot to check ride schedule. Never made it up to the Houghton, but heard they had got more snow than the 6-10 we got.

Back