need help asap......

america10

Hi Everyone,
So i have a big problem turning a my brothers sled on.This is what i have done 2 it already clean the carb, new sparks plug, new gas, n also put new oil on it. The problem that i found now is that the track gets stuck when i put it on the ground. Is really hard 2 pull started. But when i lift it off the ground is easy 2 pull started. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with it. Is so hard 2 turn the track. Any help is apprciated.
Thank you

Track is way to tight ? Drivers..?

Remove the belt and try it. You might have a problem on the clutches or the wrong belt....

Nick

idk if the track is 2 tight haven't rode this sled for 2yrs. So am just trying 2 turn it on. I just bougt the belt but do u think that could b the problem. How can i check the clucth n the drivers 2 figure out if that is tthe proble?

With the sled on a stand you should be able to turn the track by hand. If not then something is wrong. Try turning the primary and secondary clutch by hand, if it doesn't move then you have internal issues maybe. Did you open up the chaincase at all ? f this thing did not run for 2 years that fluid should be replaced for sure.

How does it sounds when it runs...?
What year sled...?
What belt do you have....?

Nick

i can turn the track by hand but it gets stuck n is really hard 2 turn it. When it runs it sounds good. Is a 97 skidoo. My sx600 has no problem. N the belt i bought it at advance auto parts. But i think am going 2 get the chaincase now.

Try turning the clutches, I bet teh rpoblem is on the chaincase....

Tell your brother to go buy a YAMAHA ;)!

Nick

haha. I told him 2 buy one. Nothing can't touch them. But he thinks he can keep up with me. Haha

If you are having a hard time pulling on the recoil starter rope when the track is on the ground, but it is much easier to pull the rope when the track is lifted off the ground, it sounds like it could be a belt/primary clutch issue as the first place to check.

With the engine off, you should be able to grab ahold of the primary clutch by hand (don't try this with the engine on!) and rotate/spin it relatively easily without the drive belt trying to grip and turn. If the drive belt is trying to move when you pull the starter rope or turn the primary clutch by hand, there is something amiss with the drive belt or primary clutch, or both.

Good luck and report back with what you find.

well i haven't try it with out the drive belt. Am doing that tomorrow. How would i remove the cluct n chainecase 2 clean it? And the sled is a stupid skidoo.

Back