03 Viper vs. 01 SXR 700

Cwagner100

Just wondering what to expect. My dads's been talking smack with his sxr 700 so I wanted to know what to expect when I race him this weekend. His SXR 700 has the thin head gasket and bored silencer. My viper 700 has a bender can, boysen reeds, and a hauck clutch kit. Im pretty sure I'm going to take him but I just wanted to know if anyone else has lined these sleds up before.

i have a tripple bender piped sxr an i would walk all over a single piped viper put the factory can on yer losin power an only gainin sound

him with the wthin headgasket an bored silencer will take you youre losin power with can

Last edited:
My Son's Viper is 100% stock engine and clutching, The track is 136 X 1.25 ripsaw
My SXR's head is milled .020 with Turks clutching and gearing, track is 121 X 1 Ripsaw 144 studs

We just ran over 100 miles at or nearly at WOT in 2' snow to 6" snow condition. It was amazing how we really ran side by side the entire time. If the Viper increased a little bit, I took the inside corner, If I increased he took the inside corner. I am guessing the 136 track 1.25 lugs are slowing the sled down a little bit. In the deep snow we would only hit about 80 mph on GPS, speedo showed around 90. I believe your race will depend upong clutching and traction. Our race was extremly long distance inabnomal snow conditions to say the least. Al

alswagg said:
My Son's Viper is 100% stock engine and clutching, The track is 136 X 1.25 ripsaw
My SXR's head is milled .020 with Turks clutching and gearing, track is 121 X 1 Ripsaw 144 studs

We just ran over 100 miles at or nearly at WOT in 2' snow to 6" snow condition. It was amazing how we really ran side by side the entire time. If the Viper increased a little bit, I took the inside corner, If I increased he took the inside corner. I am guessing the 136 track 1.25 lugs are slowing the sled down a little bit. In the deep snow we would only hit about 80 mph on GPS, speedo showed around 90. I believe your race will depend upong clutching and traction. Our race was extremly long distance inabnomal snow conditions to say the least. Al

By all means. Is the Viper geared down for the track? In no way should a SXR700 run with a Viper. I have had both. In fact I rode with our old one yesterday and though it runs good it's not in the same ballpark as my Viper when you get on it. I love the SXR in the trails probably better than a Viper but when it comes to legging it out on the straights the Viper is much more fun.

Back