need help with speed run setup on snow

staggs65

due to some bad weather. they were unable to plow the track for our local 1000ft radar run. so it will now be on snow. i never cared about top speeds for my srxs on snow and have no experience trying to get speed on snow. looking for tips from anyone with experience on this. what changes do i need to make from ice to snow. obviously going to have to lighten my weights. how about helix angles and springs.
right now for ice i run
heavy hitters
www yamaha
red yamaha @ 70
43/37

go for the infamous 8BU-10 setup..should be a well setup to use here.Its all relative...ice or snow..at least everyone has to race on the same surface.

my hhs are faster than my bu10s. the bu10s are too hard to load down with the 780. but i run em in my stocker. thing is as far as everyone running on the same surface-thats the problem. i destroy my buddies 800r on ice but on snow with the same setup he beats me everytime

another thing to note. i use usi ss skis which picked up some mph on ice for me, but i'm wondering if the stockers might be better for me on snow. we'll try a bunch of stuff between now and sat. but some tips would help cut down on the trial and error. also with the 780 we're able to pull 24/38 gearing on ice but wondering if we'd be better with 24/40 for snow

better go and test test test before the run comes up.The USI's on my SRX today in the snow pack and soft almost killed me.They were uncontrolable at high speeds and I felt I was in a bobsleddingcontest.I almost went over a couple of times at about 110 mph..scared the crap out of me..going back to Simmons or a new set of Arrow skis with dual runners.

Back