00 srx vs. 2011 apex x-tx

billo6663

my buddy came with an apex shop demo today and we lined them up
my 2000 SRX 700 with 1.25 ripsaw, bender cold air, v-force reeds 3,
the first race i had to let go the gas 1 time so i would not hit the trail signs, it was dead even to the last minute he creeped a foot or two and we had to let go.
the second time we both took off and this time i dint go off track and i jumped in front about 1 1/2 sled lenght and by the end his ski's were right beside me
we did a rolling start at 40km/h i jumped ahead again and he dint have time to catch up again
i dint think those sleds were that fast out of the crate
still happy with my 11year old sled though
the stretch was about 1000ft crossing to crossing on a hard packed, old rail road

Try it when that sled has 1000 miles on it & is running at 10,700 rpm vs 10,200 rpm.

The general perception about the Apex on most forums is that it is a real slug.My nephew bought one new in 06 and I rode it quite a bit.All I can say is that I think that the majority of the people that think this have not ridden with one let alone on one.I've seen quite a few sleds try to get away from him on a tight trail and for the most part his skis are usually tickling their tunnel.Not a powder sled and not a ditch banger(we do niether anyway unless you call running down a lake with a foot of fresh powder)but a great groomed trail sled.JMHO.

Snowsnake said:
The general perception about the Apex on most forums is that it is a real slug.My nephew bought one new in 06 and I rode it quite a bit.All I can say is that I think that the majority of the people that think this have not ridden with one let alone on one.I've seen quite a few sleds try to get away from him on a tight trail and for the most part his skis are usually tickling their tunnel.Not a powder sled and not a ditch banger(we do niether anyway unless you call running down a lake with a foot of fresh powder)but a great groomed trail sled.JMHO.

I've been on alot of forums, seen alot of bench racing...but have rarely heard of an Apex refered to as a slug....most people say they are fast or have long legs..but a slug? Heavy maybe...but most people know an Apex is a sled to be reckoned with...especially if it's set up by someone with knowledge.

Yupp ran into one at the drags today and I tell you the track conditons were a deciding factor but with the right conditons the Apex would have smoked me but I did get around him twice to win 800 stock

got the chance to drag race a 1100 Z1 turbo today my my srx 700 and took him by about 2 sled lenght at the end of 2000ft stretc on hard packed
the guy was saying his sled was running better the day before when it was colder

Back