2001 srx 700 vs clutched skidoo 800r

srx2fast

hey guys i have 2 guys talking some smack one with the 800r clutched with gearing and y pipe and the other is a f7 supposedly ported and clutch kit, piped, and other mods unsure of. my ? is my sled is bone stock, how do you think i will fare up againest these guys the f7 has been a race in the waiting for 4 years now. i'm not sure how other srx's run but mine seems really fast evryone says there has to be somethiing done to it. i have found nothhing out of the ordinary yet everything seems to be stock parts. i ran againest another srx 3 years ago and beat him by like 5-7 sleds, i just smoked him. is there anything i can do to give me that extra little bit of hp or speed i heard when racing to run your track a little loose for less fricton does this work. i have no time to change anything nor do i have any parts is there anything i can turn or tighten to give me that extra edge? :nos:

if you run track to loose..you will balloon more and actually lose speed.It has been documented on here by a fellow TYer that when they tightened their track from a loose track..they actually gained speed.Make sure clutches are tuned,good belt and hope for the best.F7 is lighter then you also.you will need good hook up on him

from a stand still you will probably get smoked, sorry, pick your day and place and go from a rolling start, the srx has long legs, they may back down if you suggest rolling from 40, good luck.

thanks guys! Carbs, powervalves everything cleaned and running good. not sure about rpms haven't even had time to check it out. I heard the f7 hooks out of the hole like a rocket with no track spin but is at top speed after 660ft. i hope i can stay with him some what out of the hole and pass him just before the end. the 800r a friend bored the sled last weekend and we did a ouple quick passes. it was back and forth whoever hooked best won. However it was not the owner of the sled so the guy said he was being reserved as it was not his sled, i don't believe him. thier all buddys of mine so i know when there on it or not. thanks for the help. i've been king of the hill for 5 years and now these guys are trying to de-thrown me. lol nothing wrong with a little compition between friends. However it is funny how these guys had to spend thousands of dollers just to try and beat me. wouldn't they be pissed if i beat them again! Thanks again guys hopefully lake simcoe in ontario gets some snow sunday night.

My opinion

Stock SRX against an F7.....you've got a good chance depending on the year of the F-7 and how well it is tuned. On the 800R if it runs well I don't think you have a chance....sorry.

Madmatt

Madmatt said:
Stock SRX against an F7.....you've got a good chance depending on the year of the F-7 and how well it is tuned. On the 800R if it runs well I don't think you have a chance....sorry.

Madmatt

I agree.
Even though the powertek 800 is known to grenade it still is a powerful fast motor.

Back