200MPH is in our sights

Blue4U

Dave ( Hurricane) Marshall on his Pro-Line Yamaha Turbo powered , layed down an impressive 190.8mph with more boost yet on tap and gernading his belt before the finish line. He and a few others such as Tom McConkey who also built a new Turbo sled ,will be in NORTH BAY on MARCH 5 & 6 to be the first snowmobile into the 200mph on ice. Can't wait to see these rockets go down the track again. My hats off to the brave drivers who dare to push the limits on these sick looking rides.

KEVIN said:
It can't wait to see them run
This will be a fast weekend for sure. Also need to give credit to a couple of other fast yammies. Nick Chupick's full body Apex, I believe went ( 179mph) and Doug & Michael Swartz Newly built RX1 Turbo put down an impressive ( 176mph) on low boost. This full body sled has lots more to show. . OH, and you better book a room ASAP because 5th & 6th OR 12th & 13th are almost filled ,as I just managed to secure one today. See you all there.

Awsome may have to make a trip up this weekend, does the swartz lads still run that sick SRX IMP???

There have been sleds around the 190 mark for years already. Do you really think one of them has enough to get that extra 10mph?? It would be cool if they did but 10mph is alot when you are talking those speeds.

cumminsdsl said:
Awsome may have to make a trip up this weekend, does the swartz lads still run that sick SRX IMP???
They still have the sled but their concentrating more on the Turbo sled for this season. They did run it on Asphalt in Martin Michigan last summer.

SRX700guy said:
There have been sleds around the 190 mark for years already. Do you really think one of them has enough to get that extra 10mph?? It would be cool if they did but 10mph is alot when you are talking those speeds.
You definately don't know Hurricane. If anyone can do it.... He will. ;)!

190mph is moving.Last year I went to a 1/4 mile 1320 ft speed run here and one sled ran 189mph and the other hit 190mph.Takes power to get those speeds.

SRX700guy said:

Dave has over 120 additional available hp in that sled.

Tom McConkey is claiming over 800 hp from his 1725cc, GT42 powered 4 cylinder, 2 stroke, in an Anderson chassis.

I would think that both of them have the ability to break the 200 mph barrier.

valin said:
Dave has over 120 additional available hp in that sled.

Tom McConkey is claiming over 800 hp from his 1725cc, GT42 powered 4 cylinder, 2 stroke, in an Anderson chassis.

I would think that both of them have the ability to break the 200 mph barrier.
The ice is absolutely perfect and if mother nature is nice to us, it won't be WHEN will someone hit 200mph, but WHO. Tom McConkey and Dave Marshall are both capable of reaching this speed.

Totally Blue said:
The ice is absolutely perfect and if mother nature is nice to us, it won't be WHEN will someone hit 200mph, but WHO. Tom McConkey and Dave Marshall are both capable of reaching this speed.
RESULTS : HURRICANE PERFORMANCE 191.8 MPH LAYDOWN (RECORD)

DOUG & MICHAEL SWARTZ 179.0 MPH FULL BODY (RECORD)

THERE WERE OTHER RECORDS BROKEN AS WELL.
NEXT EVENT..... GUINESS WORLD RECORD WEEKEND MARCH 12&13. YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE.

I was looking at the nbssr web page on results and record holder for 700 stock, the SRX 700 is still 2nd to F7 even in the long run ;)!

Dam F7 LOL!!!!!!!

needaSRX said:
I was looking at the nbssr web page on results and record holder for 700 stock, the SRX 700 is still 2nd to F7 even in the long run ;)!

Dam F7 LOL!!!!!!!
Both sleds are very fast and can battle back and forth all day.The SRX did go faster 128.7mph on Feb.8/09 but we entered in 800 class that day because we had no competitors in the 700 class.See radarruns.com and look at the bottom of their page. NBSSR Radar results Feb.7-8, pg.2 PRO CLASS 800 stock SRX 128.7mph. Unfortunately Mother Nature cancelled our last weekend this year so we never got the chance to get the 700 record back, but thats racing. :2strokes:

Last edited:

Back