Base line for racing?

Fro

I had some things hold me back from putting my sled on asphalt the past few years, but now I'm ready. To be honest I don't even know if they run a true 1/4 mile or just 1,000ft. I plan on calling them soon to get educated on what all I need to do.

Can anyone give me some basic starting points for gearing? While I think about it, I'm gonna run ice next winter too & possibly grass drags...all I want to do is race now that the bug bit me. So 500, 660 & 1000 or 1320.

Any clutching advice won't go to waste either. Right now I have the popular trail set up...WWW, you know the rest. Not sure this will work at the track.
Thanks for any help.

I will be paying close attention also. Fro I am gonna start by running 89a-10s in my SRX on the asphalt this summer. I will keep you posted on what gears I run and stuff. Time to get my sled slammed to the ground! Heck once we get running good we will have to find a track between us and do some racing!

Last edited:
Sounds good. I seen you on HCS too. We can PM info.
I have some notes going & plan on converting my stuff over in the next few weeks.
Good Luck!

Back