89 phazer light problems

raceman

Well im having troubles with all my lighting on my snowmobile. When i start it all the lights are very dim then after about 5-7 minutes of riding it starts to get bright like its suppose to be and it will flicker on and off for a minute or so then stay on but then when i stop and leave it running and then take off it will flicker for a minute then come back on. But when i shut it off and leave it off for a while it will act just like i started then next day. What do you think the problem could be? Im thinking the lighting coil. What you guys think?

o ya i just got to take it out for the first off the year this year after putting over 200.00 into new parts. And the problem with the lights did the same thing last year. Its all the lights too(headlight,tailight,the speedo light)

It almost sounds like an intermittent connection or a heat related issue (voltage regulator?). Check your wiring harness for loose connections or bare wires, ...when running and warmed up, lightly tap the the regulator and wiggle the harness to isolate the problem.

no i dont have aftermarket hand warmers and none of the wires was bad when we had to pull the motor. It might be the regulator have to check tomorrow

Back