new cats.. opinions??

03viperguy

I like the general design, but I think the front suspension is just too much. they look a lot smaller, which I do like. just not sure yet I guess. thoughts???

I've always considered Cats to be the biggest piece of crap on snow and have sworn I would never own one. In fact, I think I've only driven maybe 2 in my lifetime.

That being said, These new Cats are really testing my will power. I personally think they are the hottest looking sleds I have seen since the Viper. That black ProCross XF 800 Sno Pro High Country is insane looking! I would never put myself on a green sled, but I see the potential future for a black cat.

Still can't believe I just said that.

Cats 2012 sleds are showing Yamaha how to address customers wishes. Oops....did I just say that also?

I'm really considering a 1100 SNOPRO white & orange....will wait till the show before making my mind !

Zachalyse said:
I've always considered Cats to be the biggest piece of crap on snow and have sworn I would never own one. In fact, I think I've only driven maybe 2 in my lifetime.

That being said, These new Cats are really testing my will power. I personally think they are the hottest looking sleds I have seen since the Viper. That black ProCross XF 800 Sno Pro High Country is insane looking! I would never put myself on a green sled, but I see the potential future for a black cat.

Still can't believe I just said that.

Cats 2012 sleds are showing Yamaha how to address customers wishes. Oops....did I just say that also?

Learn nothing??

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77713

Go ahead and try the new Cats. Let us know how things work out.

I have an open mind and would love to know but I'm not willing to be a guinea pig..

opsled

i tell you what, i watched a f1000 turbo scream past me the other day and i swear that was the most incredible looking and sounding sled ever!

Im waiting to see the published weights on the M's, and if they are close to the 2011 weights, I will rent one before I buy. The 2012 assault is a looker too

Truckkid42 said:
i tell you what, i watched a f1000 turbo scream past me the other day and i swear that was the most incredible looking and sounding sled ever!

yeabut, you got florecent green trailing arms on a blue Yamaha.

Sooooooooooooooo......

Is there something else you want to admit to??????

I mean,,,,, ummmmm, Reallly??????

opsled

I think I have decided that they are a cross between the xp and rush, with a tad bit of nytro thrown in there. even has a rev seat on it. still can NOT get over that front suspension though. too weird.

I cannot pull myself to buy another arctic cat. I owned one(well ok, 2 of them) for 2 weeks. My dad told me not to buy an Arctic Cat, but people I drive with all swore by them, and I got clouded vision from them.

It was an F7. Bought a demo sled off the dealer. 100 miles in, engine goes. Take it back, they give me another identical sled, with only 400 miles on it. 1.5 weeks later, Diamond Drive goes(I had put maybe 400 miles on it). Take it back, and get a refund after dealing with Arctic cat, since the dealer refused.

They were nice to drive when working, although I didnt really like the perceived "tippyness" to the F7.

haha, whats the most random color to paint your control arms?? ive seen white, i've seen silver, i've seen blue, i've seen black. bet you've never seen bright green control arms :)

and as I look more, not sure how I like the look of the dash and tank area. can see it when looking at a mountain sled, and click on the feature of the telescoping handlebar. odd that the pull cord is front and center. cant say as I have seen that before! they do look sharp, just not sure I would get one. not really much cheaper than any of the others. wonder if the build quality has improved?

Truckkid42 said:
haha, whats the most random color to paint your control arms?? ive seen white, i've seen silver, i've seen blue, i've seen black. bet you've never seen bright green control arms :)

Have never owned control arms so I'm noy sure what the proper/popular color would be.

Just noticed/sayin.

opsled

PS, Cats aren't that bad. Some make it out of the garage.

Attachments

• free-cat.jpg
    free-cat.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 6
My buddy has had 2 cats in a row (older ones too) 04 and 07 and he's the only one of us that has never been towed. He likes them alot. I have nothing against them. I just think they're a little bulky and heavy when I have to lift him out when he's stuck. But that's my complaint about almost everything. I think the previous (07-11?) style was a really sharp looking sled though. I don't really like the headlights on that new one... yet.

looky what I found on the River today..wasn't there the other day..it was on the long straight stretch were I open her up wot...lol..some Cat had a belt explode on him..lol

Attachments

• P3090008.JPG
    P3090008.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P3090009.JPG
    P3090009.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 3
Well, the new body/ chassis is better looking than before. The twin spar hood and headlights were hideous at best.

Bottom line is, they are still cats, so they won't be as good as any of the other brands. They will need to be towed at a much higher rate than any of the other brands, and because of this fact, I won't ever buy one again.

I still have cat riding friends, but I've seen too much cheapness throughout their line to want one.

The other thing is that the current company has not been around 50 years. So the whole 50th anniversary thing is a lie. They were out of business from 81-83, and arctic cats came back out for 1984, as an entirely new and different company in 84. Basically as re hashed 1980 leaf spring models when other brands were making IFS sleds.

happy 27th anniversary arctic cat!

The new Cats look friggen awesome. The Poo's look friggen awesome. The Doo's look friggen awesome. If you notice even Cadillac got away from the bigger luxury cruiser and the sales are higher then ever. Yamaha better do something soon.

Back