03 sxViper Mountain top speed?!?

Automed

Ok! I FINNALLY got to go out and ride my new 2003 sxViper Mountain today.

I was surprised by two things...

1- It pulls real hard of the line (very nice)

2- Top speed was only 77mph at 8800rpm???

Is that normal? I mean yeah it's supposed to be geared low but 77mph wide open on a lake at -15C with 8 inches of snow and that's it?!? 77mph...

120HP and all it will do is 77mph?!? a MM will do about 85mph right?

I know this is not a lake racer but come on 77mph!!!

The sleds compression is a bit questionable I think anyway 100psi (pto) 121psi (center) 119psi (mag) tested with WOT (350miles on the sled)

Other than the holtzman ATACC the sled is stock.

Oh and she's a bitch to start 5-6 pulls most of the time.

Need help please...

I still got warranty till Jan 19, 2005 and I want to get all the bugs fixed.

The start thingg......cold start....full choke... should be 3 pulls 4 tops.......after a break, no choke 1/4 throttle (this is key) should start every time......if not, check needle clip or other carb adjustments.

8800 is too high, viper's torque band runs out at around 8400...add some weight......it will shove....

Last year...SLP triple piped.... 87 MPH on lake Cleveland. I even beat my buds 01 700 Doo with shaved heads and a PSI single pipe. I will never go that fast again. Scared the hell out of me.
I think 77 is plenty fast for a mountain sled.

8" of snow will slow you down about 12-15 mph..you are running to high an rpm the stock viper needs 8400 max..put a multi angle helix 49/45 and the silver sec spring gear down to 2-1 :yam: and enjoy

PS Just came back from some more testing and ran 94 mph with a 156" track in about.....9 seconds on the happy stick ;)!

Back