SS grill project

staggs65

this isn't a yamaha, or powerports item for that matter, but I promise to put a TY sticker somewhere.

My buddy and I are are building 2 grills out of 20" stainless pipe. one is about 5' long and will be mounted on a trailer. the other is about 44" long and will be a countertop set in unit for an outdoor kitchen. we have our annual party that him and I throw for the boys at work in 3 weeks so we'll be focusing on the trailer unit for now. it probably won't be completely done by then, just functional.

This is the trailer pipe
014.jpg

this is the countertop one
015.jpg

and here's the one place trailer we're hacking up
016.jpg

laying out the fishmouths on 4" tube for the legs to mount it to the trailer
017.jpg

my buddies dad cutting the legs (we're all pipefitters by trade, he's retired)
018.jpg

welding them on
020.jpg

A couple of bucks said:
Now if you can round up a truck mounted tool box to put on the front of the trailer for grillin supplies.
Anyone for a clam bake.
already on that one. the whole front is going to be aluminum diamond plate with compartments for supplies, coolers, a turkey fryer, and a water storage tank for when you're not near a water source. we also have an icemaker that we'll make a spot for when you're near power and water ;)!

got the trailer frame done. the 4 inch tube stack is on. the cleanout/intake is on the side. and the door stop is on.
001.jpg

we made our own grates with 3/16" cold rolled roundstock and an old grill grate as a jig
004-2.jpg

005.jpg

had the first fire
010-2.jpg

here's a shot of the diamondplated front
011-1.jpg

and here's our SS countertop. the countertop lifts off and we'll make a place to slide it under the trailer for transport, the legs slide out of the trailer tube and fit inside the grill
012.jpg

there's still alot to do to be finished (fenders,damper on the stack,mount everything on the deck, polish all the weld mark, etc..) but it'll be operational for our party next weekend

Back