Free Beer?

JDViper

Lifetime Member
Website
s1231.photobucket.com
I have an old sleigh that my dad bought from a friend when I was just a kid. We used to throw a couple sleeping bags in it and ride back there all day! When I was in high school my step-brother and I did some work to it but just never finished it. I’m going to start on it again next year and was trying to figure out what it was and who made it. I have had zero luck finding anything on the internet about it. Here is what I know. It had a plexi glass windy on it and it also had a leopard print backrest. I also vaguely remember some stickers on it and I thought one was arctic cat. It has a fiberglass tub and steel frame and skis.

I plan on Yama-fying it next year. Probably making a new frame with a-arm suspension and widening it to the ski with of my sled. The tub is all I will be using I think. It has a ton of family history so I want to do it right!

Do any of you know who the maker is or anything about it? I'll throw in a free beer or two if you can! ;)!

Thanks, Jason

[url="http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee518/jmd8203/misc/?action=view&current=IMG_0024.jpg"][/url]

well skidoo had the ski-boose but since you remembered the skin print and cat stickers thought for sure it'd be the kutter. just about every manufacturer had them for a while. good luck with the search. sounds like a fun project either way

JDViper said:
I plan on Yama-fying it next year. Probably making a new frame with a-arm suspension and widening it to the ski with of my sled. The tub is all I will be using I think. It has a ton of family history so I want to do it right!
Do any of you know who the maker is or anything about it? I'll throw in a free beer or two if you can! ;)!
Thanks, Jason

That thing would look pretty sweet with the OE hood off and a Viper hood in it's place. Or whatever kind of matching hood that will be towing it.
My brother in law has something similar up on his farm. Will try to see what it is ...... that is if it isn't under the haymow.

FREE BEER and olny 144 people have looked ??? i know every time i see it i look and than go oh ya i looked at that already (more than once)...i like the hood idea ...i got a(98 ) srx hood few paint chips ...and a very nice (98-99) vmax hood i would donate just to see that project come together looks like it would be fairly easy ...wish i could find a cutter close to me i would buy it and throw the srx hood on to pull behind my srx

One of those would be cool to own, I remember some friends had one of those Kutters when we were kids. Imagine pulling it through some rough stutter-bumps though... you'd have to remember to take it easy with that old suspension. What were you thinking of replacing the suspension with?

A couple of bucks said:
That thing would look pretty sweet with the OE hood off and a Viper hood in it's place. Or whatever kind of matching hood that will be towing it.
My brother in law has something similar up on his farm. Will try to see what it is ...... that is if it isn't under the haymow.
HA now we are talking! Great idea.

Your B-I-L didnt have any other insite for us?

sleddineinar said:
What were you thinking of replacing the suspension with?
Now im kinda leaning twards a TSS system. Might be easier than A arm style. Im thinking the ski stance would be too wide as well with A arms. Got an old phazer im going to steal the struts off of and take a closer look...

Interesting... very interesting. At Haydays last weekend, everytime I passed one of those in the swap area, I stopped and looked at the price. Didn't see any that were cheap enough to justify buying it though.

Thinking about taking it to the wausau swap meet, and put a sign on it that says "prove to me who made this, and I'll buy you a 12 pack". Not sure if I will be able to find room on the trailer tho. Maybe in the back of the truck.

Back