99' xcr 700 vs. my 01 srx 700?

j2hizzo

VIP Member
Both stock but he thinks his machine is faster. Mine is tight. His has 10k. I feel like I'm gonna beat him up pretty good. This is a standing start till they have no more contest. Anyone have experience with this popo?

Should be a pretty easy *** whoopin, that was a poor running polaris, in stock form.

THE XCR 700 WAS PARKED AND SHIT CANED BUY POLARIS BECAUSE IT HAD NO CHANCE AGAINST THE SRX. HOWEVER, I DID KNOW A GUY THAT HAD A GOOD RUNNING ONE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

you should catch it on video......but i dont want to wait that long after you go by to see the xcr ;)! or you could wear a helmet cam.....facing backwords :rofl:

I think stock for stock, the SRX will take it on top, but any drag race distance the weight disadvantage for the SRX simply cannot be overcome. I think the 00' - 02' year SRX still made more hp, but because it is a triple with triple pipes, it weighs a considerable amount more.

sledrider4life said:
Have you ever raced a Firecat F7? Everyone that owns one swears it will walk an SRX700.

I owned a decently clutched 99 SRX and switched to an F7..got tired of getting beat up by them. While both sleds ran 114 mph on radar...drag racing was a different story, F7 gets out of the hole much better and is quicker in a short race. If you run longer stretches the SRX can catch up, they have long legs, but in a 1000-1500' the F7 works very well.

All that being said, I never really played with the suspension on my SRX to see if I could get it to hook better. When I bought my 06 F7, my buddy bought a 2001 SRX and had it hooking great, he was close but the F7 would take him by a couple lengths every time in 1000-1500' races. I still wish I had my SRX, loved it on the lake, and if I could do it over again I would have ported it and gone a little more aggressive with clutching and gearing.

Rider abilty has alot to do with it. Some one knowing what their doing versus some one that thinks they know what ther doing will win every time. I beat up on my buddyon his 01-02? doo 900 with my 00 700 srx all the time! The only race hes ever won was the one to the pump!

Back