136 Sx 700

00sxrjoe

Well if you look at my avatar the sled on the far right (gray). That was my mountain sled. I wreaked it last yr at the end. I hit a wash out in the trail. I did not see it till it was to late. I did not get hurt to bad. But the sled did bent trail arm on the left ripped off the mount bracket pointed the ski under the tunnel. So over the summer I found a better chassis to trans plant every thing in for $200. I have started work on it have to put new crank seals in wile motor is out. Have a 2000 sxr skid I am putting my rail extensions on.
Here is whats left of sled i pulled skid and motor out.

Attachments

• DSCN1975.JPG
    DSCN1975.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Motors new home

Chassis is a lot better shape seat is ok to. I am in hopes lighten up the skid wile its out.

Attachments

• DSCN1976.JPG
    DSCN1976.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN1977.JPG
    DSCN1977.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
A couple of bucks said:
It'll be a home made 'MOUNTAIN MAX PLUS' when your done.

Its home made for sure. But what makes it PLUS? Ever sense I got the sled i have called it FRANK Like FRANKENSTEIN just because it was pieced together. The guy that owned it was a butcher. The rear tunnel extension Is a alum street sign the bar riser is welded. They cut the top off steering shaft put a piece of flat stock on end and welded it. It had a comet clutch on it that I sent.

00sxrjoe said:
But what makes it PLUS?

Should have said......LIGHT, seeings how your trying to lighten her up.
Speaking of 'light' does anyone recall what are all of the versions of sleds that Yami made into 'LIGHT' versions. I'm pretty sure there was a MM light. Although I have never seen one.

Ya they where "phazer mountain light" that was just because they had a twin and not a tripple

This is what I did tonight to it. I cleaned the hood and put in the head light. I put some chrome pin strip on the long decals that have the 700 triple on them but can not see in the pic. But I can see a dif improvement in color.
To put on my long travel sxr front shocks will the radius rods be short?

Attachments

• DSCN1997.JPG
    DSCN1997.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1999.JPG
    DSCN1999.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
SX700triple said:
I put Viper shocks in mine with the rest of the stock front suspension. everything is fine.

Thought I could just wanted to make sure.

Ok I read a lot about the 2000 geometry being better. That is what i want to do. on this sled the 97 chassis with the 2000 sxr 121 skid with rail ext to 136. Is the mount holes in chassis dif or some on the places on rails. Now dose this only apply for the mountain sleds only? With the H arm?

Last edited:
Finished up my skid this after noon. Me and my 5 yr old put it in. (wow what a job that is) I have a 2 1/2 in drop brackets it does not take any thing to bottom out the transfur rods. Should I run transfur adj rods or a strap kit? It also does not seam to have any pressure on the front skid shock. Going to have to post some new pics and see what you guys think.

Will adding drop brackets make the rear shock take more punishment? Should I also drop the center mount point?

found it have to drop center 1/2 what rear is and more back 10deg roughly

Last edited:
Well got it running again took motor down to put in crank seals in, did a little back yard porting to it. I swapped off one set of my stock exhausts. Traded for a set of hauck/cpr triples. I want to put on stock so it will be easier on fuel. Need another y pipe first. Still need to buy a good chain found broken links in it wile it was out. I took out the drop brackets it set up to high.

Last edited:
pics of done sled

It looks mean next to a stock sitting sled

Attachments

• DSCN2283.JPG
    DSCN2283.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN2285.JPG
    DSCN2285.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN2284.JPG
    DSCN2284.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 21
o ya they are on there. But I do not know if I will leave em. I wanna ride it all the time and with pipes they are harder on fuel. The other sled has first gen haucks they drowned out the ones I got from you.

Back