Ice scratchers ?

Bushman

What brand do you use or recomend using? Do the rail mounted scratchers work better than the ski mounted or the other way around? Thanks! Randy

just bought a set of hartman scratches man are they ever going to work perfect on simmon skis. tom hartman said they only work on simmon skis though. i talked to him when i ordered mine last week. he ships the priority mail ships anyway you like

Believe it or not, I have a set of each. One set stays on the rails all the time the other are Hartman's mounted on my Simmons skis. I don't run my Simmons all the time so the rail mounted ones get me by, but the ones on the skis kick up more snow and get it to all the hyfax and also cover the running board coolers.

Go with the ski mounted they are the best. Starting line also makes them for prior Viper skis.

Thank's LoneViper, I sold my Simmons & picked up a set of Powder Pros last season but have not seen any scratchers mounted on them as of yet. I talked to Amanda from ThinAir & picked up a set of MPI's scratchers that mount on the rail for $40.00 to try.

The MPI are what I have on the rails, they tend to break so watch them close.

Check Starting Line's site, I'll bet they have the ski mounted scrachers for their skis.

randy, good to see you back online. ive got a few new project sleds i am shakin down. one viper 136 and a mxzx440 136. hoping we can ride together this winter. enjoyed the last trip with you and jim. ski

LoneViper said:
The MPI are what I have on the rails, they tend to break so watch them close.

Check Starting Line's site, I'll bet they have the ski mounted scrachers for their skis.

I was told that about the MPI's breaking but figured $40.00 was woth the risk. We dont need them much around here but they could help getting into town for fuel with the BB.

If I have problems I will buy a set form HOLTZ next. Thanks! Randy

skidooboy said:
enjoyed the last trip with you and jim. ski

Thanks Eric, We also had a Great time. Cant wait to get some good snow up here & check out your HOT RODS ;)!

Tell Lynne I said Hello!

Not all rail mount scratchers work the same. Here is a pic of my Holtz scratchers mounted on 151 rails. They flat out work Awesome! I run no idlers wheels in my skid and I can run hard pack trails just fine with them dropped down. ===SRXSRULE===

Looks good RULES! Seen some of your post over on snowest.... Hows the sled working? Post some pics here if you would.

Bushman
The sled flat out rocks! Just cant say enough on how well removing weight from a sled makes it work in powder.

They spray snow/ice right into the back 1/2 of the skid which rolls around the track and lubes everything. You also see about a 30* drop in coolant temp when on hard pack. ===SRXSRULE===

Guys the MPI scratchers installed no problem @ the tip of the rail, I like how they hook up out of the way on the front wheels..... now I hope I dont need them! I have read too much good about the Holtz so if needed they will be my next set. Thanks. Randy

I have ice scratchers for sale here, 40.00 usd plus shipping.

Back