2001 srx 700 vs 2005 f7

srx2fast

I have 2 race's for you. A 2001 srx 700 1 1/4" paddle track with 192 studs and clutched. Againest a 2005 f7 ported with everything done not sure exactly but ported,pipes,clutch work, and a whole bunch more the fastest he's gone is 121mph on 660 (word of mouth).

The other is the smae srx againest a 2005 mxz 800 1 1/4" ripsaw, v-force reeds, 144 studs, clutched with bondi airbox.

So what are predictions?
What does the srx have to do to beat them? :o|

With the set up you recommended in an earlier post, on 660' how will she do? I always here the srx has long legs but how is it on short distances? The F-7 is going to be fast!

sorry to say I don't think your going to be close to the F7 if he has that work done and is running 121mph in 660 you'll be lucky to reach 95 in 660ft with your SRX and thats on a good day, but on the other hand you'll give the 800 mxz a run for it money

MAKE SURE YOU GET IT ON VIDEO OF BOTH RACES!!!!!!!! ;)!

F7 will take you for certain, you would be lucky to 121 MPH in 1/4 mile, let alone 660 ft. MXZ 800 will also be a tough race, but it's all in the setup, a paddle track won't give you as much bite as a ripsaw for example.

How far are you guys racing? You could probably take the MXZ on top!

Stock SRX with an 1 1/4" track and 192 studs would be lucky to get 121mph on a open lake run. That F7 is very fast in 660. I have a hard time to believe that speed! We have run SRX's for years in 2000 ft runs. 3/4 inch lug, shaved ice with 96 or 144 studs and the best speed we have run is 119.6mph. Most of the other SRX's are lucky to hit mid teens.

jabber800 said:
Stock SRX with an 1 1/4" track and 192 studs would be lucky to get 121mph on a open lake run. That F7 is very fast in 660. I have a hard time to believe that speed! We have run SRX's for years in 2000 ft runs. 3/4 inch lug, shaved ice with 96 or 144 studs and the best speed we have run is 119.6mph. Most of the other SRX's are lucky to hit mid teens.
I agree 121 in 660 is no sled that should be running a stock Srx lol Most near stock srx's wont hit that speed AT ALL especially with a larger than stock track on it loaded with some heavy studs.

i bet hes only getty 85 i have put radaor races on ice best improved srx 115 best f7 was 101 just gear down shift hard and you have to leave with him or its over, thats in 1000 ft and both sleds were trailable

some ones feeding u a lot of bull on the 121 mph 660 ft race i call bull storie im not even thinking mu big bore snow drager vmax4 is that quick some of our 1000 open snow draggers go that quick and a f7 can not even get close to them so some is raining on ur parade my 2 cents

Thanks for the input guys. I've never raced a sled before unless againest my buddys. So to know times and speeds i have no clue whats realistic or not. I do know that the f7 is fast. These guys are all buddys of mine so alot of it is just straight up bragging rights. Theres been a whole lot of shit talking over the years, all in good humour though. I thought i was going to get smoked by the f-7 but it seems i may have a fighting chance. I guess time will tell. oh where's the snow?

121 IN 660 IS POSSIBLE. BUT NOT FOR ANY OF THESE SLEDS IN THIS POST. THOSE SPEEDS ARE WAY OFF. LOW 100,s MORE LIKELY. 3:16 (yammie tony)

After racing what they call STOCK F7 last weekend you better have your game on when racing these sleds, it was like I was dragging an achor.......LOL

needaSRX said:
After racing what they call STOCK F7 last weekend you better have your game on when racing these sleds, it was like I was dragging an achor.......LOL

I'd bet a nickel that most of those F7s are 800 big bores...it is so simple to do on those cats that when the sleds need a rebuild it is the obvious thing to do...they respond VERY well in 660' as 800s.

JM.02c

Bob

so cats don't play fare then.It figures.For an F7 to beat a little 700 that is 11 years old..they have to resort to such tactics.Oh well..if it makes them happy..so be it until their next rebuild only a few thousand miles only..lmao..lets see if there are any Cats out there with 12,000 miles on their original motors..think not..lol

sideshowBob said:
I'd bet a nickel that most of those F7s are 800 big bores...it is so simple to do on those cats that when the sleds need a rebuild it is the obvious thing to do...they respond VERY well in 660' as 800s.

JM.02c

Bob
These guys race there sleds down in the states so I'm sure they get there sleds teched, I know the one F7 owner races in Haydays also and does very well there. BUT like I said there's always someone faster........LOL I just have to keep on testing and tuning thought I had a good grass setup, guess not......LOL

Blue! that black thingy Achor you see are my cooldown connectors not a bungee.......LOL

Back