How do you clean oil OUT from Jacket???

viper7mi

VIP Member
How do you clean oil dust from pull rope that got on my new 05 FXR blue and white jacket? What did you use that worked. Any suggestions?
Thanks

What do I use to clean the pull rope on my sled?

I would call the Maker, I had a new jacket from lands end (not even 2 days old) that I got paint all over it. They gave me a step by step procedure to remove the paint worked great. I would start with the Maker they must have a cust. service # Let me know how it goes I might need to do the same thing some day. :o|

starting fluid on a rag will take out the grease stain, then spray with shout and wash in the machine. As far as the rope goes, nothin... they will just get all black again in no time, its from the grease in the recoil gets warm and then flings around on the pulley.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I called FXR and left a message today. I will tell you what they say. topgunsrx does'nt that just make your day on your jacket too.

I'm with Mulderdad and Yammyxt. A good citrus or petroleum based hand cleaner will break down the grease without harming the fabric. You might want to make sure it won't take out the colour check in a small hidden spot first.

Back