97sx 700 Vs. 98 srx

97srxXT

The 98 srx is bone stock with 96 studs.

The 97sx has CPR triples, Thin head gasket, V force reeds, clutch work and secondary has a 51/43 helix. 1" track with 144 studs and transfer rods.

If we were in the trails I know the sx would hand it to the srx, But on a long stretch where do you expect them to end up? Lets say a 1/4 mile run.

I'd say the 97 in a short run but the 98 will get the long haul

As far as I know the 98 were bad on stock clutching so you just might have him in both areas if yours doesn't blow up in WOT run

needaSRX said:
I'd say the 97 in a short run but the 98 will get the long haul

As far as I know the 98 were bad on stock clutching so you just might have him in both areas if yours doesn't blow up in WOT run

Lol my sled wont blow up on a WOT run. I just don't see in a 1/4 mile this being much of race. If we raced for a longer distance I know the srx would catch me. Either way I didn't build a lake racer I built a trail sled and snow flap and tail light is all hes going to see there lol :letitsnow

really

THe sx would give the srx a go? Ive been lookin at gettin a cheap red head theres a bunch in the states close to me and they would be a better trail sled? Do they have more travel? better suspension? Id really like to know, I know the SX makes big ponies with the triple pipes but i really want just a dependable trail rider. I know you guys are gonna wanna smack me but i was thinking about getting a skazz-doo (hands up to block my face) because of the nice ride. Lets be honest here i look at a srx and my back hurts, same with my other yamahas. But I want something reliable like the yamis...Im torn here.

SRX540 said:
THe sx would give the srx a go? Ive been lookin at gettin a cheap red head theres a bunch in the states close to me and they would be a better trail sled? Do they have more travel? better suspension? Id really like to know, I know the SX makes big ponies with the triple pipes but i really want just a dependable trail rider. I know you guys are gonna wanna smack me but i was thinking about getting a skazz-doo (hands up to block my face) because of the nice ride. Lets be honest here i look at a srx and my back hurts, same with my other yamahas. But I want something reliable like the yamis...Im torn here.
skiddoos well they seem to catch on fire a lot. lol check out youtube... artic cats are fast but built out of soda cans. polaris has a couple nice riding sleds that seem to be reliable but as soon as you add any power they go boom.. poos are best left stock. yamaha seems to be right in the middle of everything. good all around sled that can take some punishment. imo anyway.

Back