2002 Srx Vs 97 Indy Storm And 00 Xcr 800

srxr700

Lifetime VIP Member
Ok, heres what i got. 1000 ft. field, my 02 completely fresh from bottom up, V-force 3's, Jetting slightly richer than stock, 23/40 hyvo gearing, brand new 1.25 ripsaw(no studs this year), anti ratchet drivers, 89a's in a sheaved down primary to regain top end speed....VS....my buddies newly acquired XCR 800, and Indy storm. Both stock from what it appears with decent tracks and 96 picks. Sleds have 6000 miles on them, motors have never been touched...

Pretty Cool Race. Beting On You Because I Have A 2002 Srx And It Flys. Xcr And Storm Were Fast, But These Sound To Be Worn Out. 3:16 (yammie Tony)

It should be interesting to see how those 89a's work...i havent actually rode the sled yet, but the entire thing has been gone through and is new. If i dont smoke him i might be taking up those 8bu-10's, ive read good things.

Sounds like it should be a good race, make sure you film it and show us the results. Do you know if any work has been done to the 800s? Better hope the guy your racing doesnt know anything about clutching :)

Here's the first snow lineup...02 srx, 02 viper piped, 98 srx 700, 011 etec 800, 00 xcr 800, 97 storm 800, 98 xc600, sx 600...I think that's it could be missin someone...should be a yami *** whoopin takin names kinda day

Whos go the 98xc??? 98xcr600 I think your forgetting about a little red one :) I have a video I can post of the little red one against a blue devil:)

I wouldnt worry about those etecs...most dont even make it past the 1200 mile mark.

KRSS144 said:
Whos go the 98xc??? 98xcr600 I think your forgetting about a little red one :) I have a video I can post of the little red one against a blue devil:)

I wouldnt worry about those etecs...most dont even make it past the 1200 mile mark.
True, but they get there very quickly...160hp in a light package = rocket.

OK so I just cleaned the carbs on the Storm this past Sunday...changed the chaincase oil and hes got 23/37 gearing...1.60. So I would guess you will have the storm out of the hole but hes going to top out about 110-120. That old storm with the clutching and that gearing wont even start to move until 40mph.

Drag race from a dead stop to 500ft=SRX
Drag race from a dead stop to 1000ft=close
Rolling start from 40mph=thats the one I want to see...hes got about 200+ studs with .75 lugs. Your 1.25" track should work really nice in the field...just dont race the storm down an icy road. :nos:

i got a clutch running them 89a ...they were on the sled when i got it and one of my other sleds had heel clickers and another sled i belive was stock and the 89a i liked them most ..at 80 or 90 mph you pin it and it still has incredable power and bury the speedo and still rip your arm off ...the others took a little bit to peg the needle ....1000 ft is barely enough for the srx to strech its legs ...the longer the race the better chance you got with them weights i think

Back