Could it be...Snow in IOWA??

familyman

Lifetime VIP Member
Been watching a storm the last few days, and seams like we might just get snow in Iowa that will be more then an inch.
{gets on his hands and knees and prays for atleast 2" so he can ride} :rockon:

Wife is wishing for snow so I dont leave on a trip, son is ready to ride, daughter is ready to build a snowman, dog is ready to just make yellow snow!

I am spending tonight gasing up, checking lubs and waxing.....do you think that might ginks it?? ;):D Brent

I hear ya!
got the CPR pipes on and no snow to ride it YET
need to fine tune, but praying for snow

channel 6 news says 5-10" Channel 4 says 5-9"...I say 2-3' talking near Davenport....more west and north of here. (fyi..im not a weather man, just a snowmobiler!) Brent :WayCool:

Snow

Talking 8-12 here. Longed tracked my srx to a 136 with long travel shocks 1.25 track and mm drop down brackets and viper shocks on front. Been waiting to try it out. LET IT SNOW!!!!

I just long tracked my SRX also. It did fine on the MI trails last week but I'm ready to test it out in a deep Iowa ditch. Our company weather guy (John Dee) just came across the trading floor hotline calling for a general 8" across most of Iowa. It's coming. RULES, you better get that mountain sled ready for some IA miles.

Dave

Anyone that hasnt experienced Iowa Ditch Riding. More then happy to go along with us anytime. We are extreme riders. I have a 2"paddle ready for ditch pounding!!!! (ready for 14' walls of death and endless bottom powder)

WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :WayCool: Brent

Guess what we are suppose to get? NOTHING as usual!! We have the lowest snowfall total to date going back 114 years. This really sux!! It snows all around us and absolutely refuses to snow here. The only moisture we get is rain or freezing rain. Last week it rained and it was 19 deg. F. All the rules of winter don't apply in Mpls.

I'd love to Allen!! I'm on call for the weekend. It never fails!! My buddy that I ride with in the UP went down and looked at Dave Cone's Bender piped Viper last weekend. Dave said he knew you and your Dad. Said good things about you guys.

Yep, Dave is a good guy, gets alot of parts from us and vice versa when we need something he has. Well think of me when you're on call this weekend while I'm busting through the drifts. :WayCool: :Moon:

On another note, saw you were looking for a stock Viper head & silencer, if you still need one let me know!

Yes, I have a deal worked out with clamdigger on Yamainfo. He's out of the Chicago area. $50 for the head and $40 for the silencer. That's reasonable enough. I'm going to try those Fix mods when I have time. It'll be interesting to see if it works. Actually clamdigger bought a used 136" Viper that has the King Cobra mod. He just hasn't had any ride time yet.

PS: I am looking for a Blue pleated Viper/Venom seat like what's on 2004 to 2005 models. I checked two salvage shops and just missed a mint one for $250.00 , they are $594.00 retail new.

j-man

Last edited:
Woke up this morning to a couple inches and plenty of ice under that. There still talking up to 12" around hwy30 (east end of Iowa) Suppose to start back up at noon today! IT BETTER COME!

Dont matter...im riding what we have tonight no matter what! :WayCool: Brent

Back