Weather pattern

destey

Anyone know when this weather pattern is going to change? I checked weather.com and last 7 significant storms dating back to december have been rain. I can't remember a year with this much rain in december/january.

I was just talking to a guy at work, he said it was just like this starting in like 85 for maybe 7 years. Hopefully that doesn't happen!

i agree this sucks a$$ big time
my grandfather said and i am not 100% dtaes or what not but he always told me once a weather pattern starts it will run a course through the time frame and he is right if you look at what its done and what it looks like
i wish i could remember half of what he told and taught me just a wise old vermonter rip granpa charlie
i am in danby so once we got snow somewhere here in vermont we all need to get together and ride
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

well the last time we had weather like this was i believe in 65, or 66. then we got the blizzard of 66.... so maybe this year will be longer and hardcore, or next year will be bad azz

I have never seen a lack of snow this much as far as I can remember..ever..it has always snowed after xmas and piles up the following Jan and Feb and even in March..this year the jet stream is not where it normally should be.It is far North when it should be South of the Canada/USA border....so the very North gets snow and the South gets nothing.Very unusual and it is being said the trend for years to come now...

Last edited:
50F and raining this morning, jeez. I can't check december anymore but I think it rained all 5 storms in december and all 5 in january and the first in feb?

this shit needs to change.... i was able to go snowmoboarding the other day but it wasn't good enough to actually go riding...

if you go to a lot of the weather sites..they all were predicting cold snowy winter..but it changed. Now a lot of them say dry drought conditions will continue.The jet stream during a el nina winter is supposed to have dropped lower South of Canada/US border..but it seemed to have stayed stuck way up North more and they can't explain it.I hate to even think what Spring and Summer may be like..could be a crappy year right thru.

this sucks..
just got back into sledding last year..
had a blast and couldn`t wait til this winter.
feb and still haven`t got to ride???
next seven days dont look any better : (

After crunching the numbers, the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) has found that January 2012 was the fourth warmest January on record across the contiguous United States. This is also the mildest January since 2006, which was the warmest in records dating back to 1895.

- The average snowcover extent was 329,000 square miles below the 1981-2010 average. This is the 3rd smallest January snowcover extent in the 46 years of records available.

- Snowpack in California's Sierra Nevada was less than 50 percent of average at the end of January.

- This is a La Nina winter, which typically brings drier-than-average conditions to Texas. However, this hasn't been the case so far. In fact, the December through January period in the Lone Star State was the 11th wettest on record. In addition, this was the first time with back-to-back months of above-average precipitation in nearly two years.

- Florida, Nebraska and Kansas all had a top ten driest January.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/january-2012-ncdc-report_2012-02-07

yeah lack of snow here is sick..Still gong to try and get to the River on weekend.After this weekend temps will be warming up for rest of February. Thew ditch really barely has anything on it now..but will only have a couple of miles on grass to get to the River..then good for riding all day....

Calling it a year guys, maybe selling the sled. 8 Storms we had this season were rain. Rain tomorrow, rain friday, and rain next tuesday.

Definitely not joining VAST next year until I see it snow, what a waste of $100. Probably won't even register/insure until I see snow. There's another $125.

Thinking of selling the sled too. Hard to justify all the hours I've put into this machine, for 2 months of riding at best. Last year my driveshaft snapped, stator melted, pv pulled through, track bearings seized, and sled ran like crap until I located the wire rub through (after repairing almost everything under the hood). All I do is work on this pos.

I think of my atv, all I do is change the oil and I can ride for 10 months. Versus hundreds (yes hundreds) of hours I've put into my SRX to ride if for maybe 50 hours total.

I know your pain..same thing with me and my sleds....but it is snowing here like crazy now..Started last evening,blowing winds to make drifts..perfect and temps will be dropping.We finally got our first real snowfall since early Dec/11.Better late then never..Got 3 foot drift in front of the house already....;)! sorry to see some of packing it in..The way it is going here now..we will at least have another month of riding...maybe 2 if this carries into April which has done in the past..

Last edited:

Back