01 srx vs 07 attack

badazzyammie

ok my buddys dad same one with the 1200 4tec has a attack and is stock other than 192 studs. and he says it will destroy my 01 srx. what you guys think? only 4 stroke yammy i raced was a 06 nytro and i smoked him. i know ther not the same moters cause the attack is a 4 cylinder. any info you guys can give me on this? thanks :2strokes

If your SRX is set up good you should be able to take him. I have never really seen an Apex go that great unless it had a turbo. If you are on hardpacked snow or ice you should get him pretty easy. In the deep snow he might be able to get you.

I've never raced one, I plan on racing my friend on his RX-Warrior. His dad has an Apex as well so we'll line them all up and see what happens! All I know is just from riding with him I can tell those 4 strokes have very long legs. 1/4 mile or less you should take him, the extra weight those sleds carry greatly effects acceleration, it's not as much a hindering factor with top speed however. Just get the jump on him and you're set!

badazzyammie said:
ok my buddys dad same one with the 1200 4tec has a attack and is stock other than 192 studs. and he says it will destroy my 01 srx. what you guys think? only 4 stroke yammy i raced was a 06 nytro and i smoked him. i know ther not the same moters cause the attack is a 4 cylinder. any info you guys can give me on this? thanks :2strokes

Man you got alot of guys talking smack in your area! ;):D

All the 4 banger 4 stroke's have legs too. Don't expect an SRX to have an easy time of it. It could be close either way. Could be a walk away either way. Many variables here that could declare a winner.

NOT a slam dunk.

opsled

i know lol. I think its cause they think the srx is just a regular 700. they dont understand that they are a factory performance snowmobile lol

if your srx is set up right and tranfer rods and you launch good you will not have a problem if the attacks stock if its geared and clutched you will have your hands full

well when i raced him i had a jack shaft bearing that went out and a boogie wheel bearing that also went out havent raced him again yet but when i will ill tell you guys what happened lol

In all seriousness. I have ridden with a few Attaks and one in particular that was flat out FAST! It is a 2007 and I remember when it was new with around 4-500 miles on it (yeh, not even broke in) he was taking every sled thrown at it on the lake. Mach Z's, SRX's, ZR9's alot of big iron and no one could beat it. It was bone stock. Across the lake he was seeing 128mph on the dream-o-meter. All I know is I was pinched across the lake hanging close to a short track APEX and my D-O-M said 112-114 mph and the ATTAK went by us like we were standing still. Then took less gas than all of us when we got to town....geez

In fact it's the red ATTAK I use as my avatar on the 4 stroke side. I took that photo in the UP the same time I took the one of the 780 Viper I use here.

Back