mancelona

They are pretty decent east of mancelona. Trails in/threw manc are rideable but marginal snow. We got 4" yesterday and groomers have run at least teice since then. Anything west of mancelona is pretty dicey. Out towards lakes of the north are actually pretty good. Depending where your launching from and route planned you should be able to get a pretty good ride in. One you get up around boynefalls snow starts getting better and are good as far as I kno all the way to pellston. As long as you dont head west of manc should be good to go. They are talking about rain/freezing rain tonightso that may change the deal. I will be more than happy to update as we get closer

Thanks sounds good I'm taking off from sunset trail thats where cabin is guess if trails are shot in sure gas lines an power lines should be ok

Devilin AblueDress! said:
They are pretty decent east of mancelona. Trails in/threw manc are rideable but marginal snow. We got 4" yesterday and groomers have run at least teice since then. Anything west of mancelona is pretty dicey. Out towards lakes of the north are actually pretty good. Depending where your launching from and route planned you should be able to get a pretty good ride in. One you get up around boynefalls snow starts getting better and are good as far as I kno all the way to pellston. As long as you dont head west of manc should be good to go. They are talking about rain/freezing rain tonightso that may change the deal. I will be more than happy to update as we get closer

Sent ya a PM just before i saw this! LOL! Thanks for the report. Hoping it holds!

Just drove from Gaylord thru Mancelona this eve and the trails looked pretty bad...lots of H2O and pretty muddy from what I could see. But that was just from the road. Hopefully the trails are better further in for you....

We are going to be stopping on our way to the I-500 in Gaylord Friday night and were hoping to possibly ride but it doesnt look good. With the lack of snow in the Lower Peninsula, it looks like it's Marquette/Munising on Sunday and Monday for us...

I'm from the Walloon lake area between Boyne falls and Petoskey. Me and my dad took a ride Monday to Alanson. Trails were great. Trail 7, 67, 765 were all in great shape that night. But the last two days its been in the 40's up here. Looks like the trail that runs to Petoskey is not in the best shape but its been like that all year. The snow is the best 2-3 miles from the petoskey snowmobile club. Head out chandler Hill way and thats where all the snow is. But i dont know how the trails are out there. Might have to go check them out. Sunday I had to water skip some water holes on a trail. That was fun ;)!

yamahasrxman said:
Thanks sounds good I'm taking off from sunset trail thats where cabin is guess if trails are shot in sure gas lines an power lines should be ok

Trails are taking a beating in mancelona. Just a couple miles east of town there still rideable. From sunset trail you should be able to head north or east and be good to go. Hauling the sleds out to my parents place (a mile down 612 from sunset trail) and will be launching from there until we get some snow. Trails are doing the "thaw by day,freeze by night thing" so its gonna be icey for sure. I can see 80% of the grass in my yard but out there theres still at least a foot on the ground. It was bright and sunny on monday but has ben 100% overcast ever since so that has helped alot. We launched last night off c-38 by windmill farms, rode to otsego lake cut south to frederickand came back threw via starvation lake. Only sketchy spots were the main intersections.

Thanks for the updates atleast I'll be able to go for a ride maybe in circles but thats ok an devil I'm real close to 612 on sunset lol maybe I will see ya on trail

I grew up out there. Between all the 3 wheelers,4 wheelers, dirt bikes, snowmobiles and an argo 6x6 not to mention the buggys we built I know just about every 2 track,powerline,gas line right of ways and even a goat path or two!

Thats awesome ive been going up there bout 13yrs I know my way around pretty good I hunt there to but don't know of any goat paths lol

BUMMER! Put 107 miles on the sxr over the weekend. Didnt get to far from home at any point. ALOT of dinking around. Not the type of riding i prefer but its riding!

Anybody in manclona able to give me an update, I see they got about 5 inches last night and I am thinking about loading the sled and heading that way. My folks are at Schuss mountain out skiing right now so I cant get an update from them. Let me know. I Just dont wanna waste time and money getting up there and no good snow. Johndee.com webcams look pretty good but some havnt been updated in 12 hours or so. Thanks guys.

All 162 miles I covered was good, stayed east side of 131. Trail intersections were pretty tore up. I have this aching feeling like I might be sore in the morning! Longest ride of the season so far!

Back