12 F8 sno pro limited edition vs. 98 srx

dragonsm

Alright....the race that will NEVER take place this year as we have zero snow and the rain tonight is just solidifying it.

Anyway, last year for trail riding "bragging" rights I have always out handled them BIG TIME vs. a zr 580 and a zl 600.

This year, my brother in law decides since his old sled is busted down....he'd go buy a different one....a new 12 F8 sno pro limited edition.

With new sleds...things other than ego's grow big. I am not looking to kill him with my 98 srx, but at least make him rethink his 12,000 dollar mistake. (plus 700 a year insurance)

He's talking the trash about running circles around old blue...(he's always been a hater of anything "foreign")

Between the local contacts that I have met so far and those I have yet to meet......is this a race I stand a chance in?

And when I say chance I mean run competively......hell, even a slim loss and the fact that I am not paying interest on a sled is a personal win and some salt in the wound. Haven't seen his sled run yet...but it is an out of the crate sled with zero studs....and he ins't the type to research or better it. There is also the condition he may just not have the nuts to squeeze it all the way...where I am stubborn enough to do it just to prove a point!

I do know...I need a new track for next year along with some setup.....but it'd be worth it....beer in the weight of gold for those locals that helped achieve this scar on the kitty's face!!

Steve

Last edited:

I ran against an f8 in 800 stock and again in 800 improved at the New Berlin WI drags last Sunday with my 92 Vmax-4. 500ft.

I got spanked.

I took 4th in improved behind 3 big Cats and 3rd in stock behind a Cat and a Doo. There were 3 other Yammies in those classes besides mine. Two 800 Vmax-4's and a 700SRX. The only other one to make finals was the SRX. He got beat by me.

Your 600 is in for some trouble.

opsled

What's the top speed on your sled? Those new cats go like a bat outa hell of the line but I thought top speed was just under 100. I would think you'd get him on the long run IF you could stay close to him for the first 1000'.
Don't know...... just sayin' :bash:

Well you have 10 grand worth of mods to play with to be on an even playing feild and 10 grand BUYS ALOT OF MODS! Its is really sad that he has to go drop 12 grand on a sled so he can say he can run circles around a 14 year old sled.

Find a grass field, that's all we have this year :( I also think he will take you but not by a whole lot. Those new Cats are extremely light but being a former Cat guy, they break often. At least the parts for Cats are cheaper :)

I figured that'd be the outcome.....thus the reason I chose not to return the favor of the trash talk.

Maybe I can get him in the gas mileage chatter when we fill up while riding.....

Oh well.... :p

Last edited:
dragonsm said:
I figured that'd be the outcome.....thus the reason I chose not to return the favor of the trash talk.

Maybe I can get him in the gas mileage chatter when we fill up while riding.....

Oh well.... :p

No worries and nothing to be ashamed of.

Just let him know that if spending 12 grand on a much bigger, much faster sled than what you have is what he NEEDS to boost his ego so he can feel on-par with you,,,,that,,,, You're OK with it and realize some just need help with being MANLY.........

opsled

PS, As others have indicated sleeper (fake) 600 that could show him the futility of his ways is doable at a much lesser cost than a new F8.
;)!

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
YOUR SRX a 600 ? 3:16 (yammie tony)

Whoa, didn't even notice that. If so NOT A CHANCE. Still say 780BB is only chance with that sled unless he does something really exotic. We are talking 14 years apart too. Thinking back I can't think of too many sleds from 1988 that could beat my 2002 Viper. 14 years is alot of time between snowmobiles.

if it were a 700 id say it would be a possible race ive at seen at least one vid. that i can recall of an srx mopping up some f8.

New artics are quick as hell, but they're not geared to go much over a 100mph. Living in artic town, i get a chance to run against a lot of em, and last year my stock 00 zrt 600 would take em in the long run. Having bought a 98 srx 700 this year and feeling the power differnce from the zrt, i cant wait to get some snow so i can go play with the kitty cats!!

Well this is no lie. I was riding in the UP of Michigan last week and I ran across some new Cat owners. Two had sno pro turbos and the other was SOL. Yes he had a brand new sno pro Cat with the 800 twin and it literally made it 50 miles and the motor burned down. 50 MILES!!! The two turbo guys had their reverse disabled being that is on recall. Not good!

I dont know guys, I think the race he is talking about is a "Fastests through the Trails" race.....so unless we're talking very long straights or totally whooped out trails, the SRX still has a hellava chance,600 or not! :die:
Out of the corner traction is about the biggest killer,that and of course the lack of a bigbump handling suspension!! :o|

my buddy has a 98 srx 700 bender can, and he walked past two of the new 1100 arctic cat turbo's by a few mile an hour

Back