Steering on a 00 Venture 500

mdkuni

We have a 2000 Venture 500 and it seems as though she does not have any ski pressure. It has a tendency to push right through the turns, and it will not turn nearly as sharp as most sleds. The wear bars are in good shape. It has always steered like this. Is there an easy fix for that? If I shorten the limiter straps some would that take care of it?

Shortening the straps would help some. Some more info might help some of the others here with more experience at this. 1) are the suspension settings at stock 2) are you using the Yamaha wear bears or aftermarket 3)approx wieght of rider

Stock settings are:
Rear: Centre shock in pos 3
Rear shock in pos 4
Full Rate adjuster in centre or Medium
Front: pos 1

You could also try softening the centre shock, should allow more wieght to transfer to skis.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :rockon:

Last edited:
Everything is stock, I believe the bars are Woody's 4 inch. It does not seem to matter as far as weight of the rider goes it ranges from 175-225 and it is still the same result.

tighten up the front limiters 1/4-1/2" and try it. i had to tighten mine when i put the viper skis on the front of my sxr. seems to have done the trick(thanks mr. sled) but trails are not open yet so i havent tried it on groomed trail.

Back