Baldwin/Irons/Wellston area snow conditions

alswagg

VIP Member
Are the trails even ridable in Baldwin, Irons or Wellston area? I don't mind a little snirt, but raw dirt is out. I would like to get at least one more ride in this winter. Anybody have any thoughts? Al

I can let you know Thursday. I'm going up to my place in Cadillac and hoping for the best. If nothing else I can ride across the lake for pizza and beer.

As of right now they just have a dusting of snow. Just talked to a friend that lives up there last night.

Rode 120 miles last Saturday Cadillac to Irons and up to Wellston and back. 2-4 inches of fresh stuff on top of ice. Thin along the Pine River and south. Not enough snow on the White Pine. Didnt see a sled till we got to Irons. May get some rain or light snow Thursday.

sleds are loaded and ready to ride. Reservations at Wolf Lake. I was surprised that most rooms are already filled up for this weekend. Hopefully a snow fall comes and at least makes it white. lol Could be the last ride of the year, who knows. Al

Well I'm here in Cadillac. There's snow in the ditches and in the woods but the roads are a little thin. Supposed to get 2 inches tonight and tomorrow so that should take care of that. *I think if we're going to*ride now is the time. First beers on me.

Al,
When are you leaving? My place is in Mesick but looking to ride Fri & Sat. Hear it's better south than north.
Gary

We are leaving Friday afternoon, arriving around 9pm in Wolf lake. We are staying at Wolf Lake Lodge. We have a 27' Black Enclosed trailer with Yamaha graphics. Would love to meet up with a few others and ride whatever is available. Al

We just returned from an enjoyable trip. The snow in some areas were nill, and in others great. We ran a total of 294 miles. Weather was great, trails were very smooth, but icy. Some snirt around Wellston, Irons area. Udell hills were fine, especially off the main trails. Just West of Wolf Lake was the best areas, North of 10. The rails to trail going to Reed city was not too bad, had late lunch in Chase at the Chase Creek Lodge. All the sleds ran great and everyone had a great time. Al

Back