98 srx 700 vrs 02 zr 600 efi

blueblood68

I raced a 02 600 efi cat and it was the srx all the way. I took the cat for a ride and aside of the ride because of the suspension I was really disappointed with its performance. Now maybe it's because I'm just use to my rocket but I found that cat boring in comparison. The thing turned 9 grand and still couldn't run with me. (I know he was pic's just not sure how many he had) I run 144 with stock yami track he had atleast 96 with a bigger lug for sure. I love my triple!!

The only way that cat would have had a chance would have ben from a cold start up. The only thing I have seen that impressed me about them EFI cats is they usually fire in less than 3 pulls from stone cold.

i raced a 02 zr600 with my srx 600 and i was only about a sled length ahead all the way up to 100 mph, i have beat mach 1's, zrt's and f3's with my sled as well maybe i just raced a fast one...........

bADa$$ SRX said:
i raced a 02 zr600 with my srx 600 and i was only about a sled length ahead all the way up to 100 mph, i have beat mach 1's, zrt's and f3's with my sled as well maybe i just raced a fast one...........

He was on a 700.........In my opinion any tripple 6 should beat any twin 6 and any tripple 7 had better beat all twin 6's! I could be wrong but I beleive it has something to do with the torque curve.

Yes but being a newer sled I expected some competition I know that there was no question i'd beat it top end ,the only time he was beside me was when we lined up.

TopGunnSrx said:
My buddies new rush 600 suprised the hell outta me blows the doors off the apex n srx but tops out at mid 90 mph range.

So @ 1000ft or better srx should have a chance against a 2013 rush 600.....464lbs @ 10-11 grand plus tax depending which rush.......I'll just keep riding my blue dinosaurs!

Was out one night with some friends and a couple guys come through the trail on one of those rush's. 1 thing I can say was the trail was extremely rough and that sled flew down that trail like it was a as smooth as a paved road now I don't know actually how fast they are but they sure eat up the moguls.

Last edited:
Im going to give Polaris credit where its due that machine is awesome! If i was in market for a sled thats where id go, 2-3 ft moguls at 80 mph is like "if I didnt see the trail id say it was a fresh groomed trail" Id have to go 800 though lol

TopGunnSrx said:
My buddies new rush 600 suprised the hell outta me blows the doors off the apex n srx but tops out at mid 90 mph range.
Somethings wrong with those Yammis or something is modded on that Rush. They are a great little buggy, but are nowhere near being competetive with an Apex or SRX anywhere in a straightline race....even my 08 Nytro in stock form with bad clutching can beat up on a Rush 600.

Back