Bender Quads on a Vmax-4

Exciter570

I just bought a Vmax4 800, it came with Bender Quads. I have heard that these pipes are not good for riding on the trails. Could anyone tell me if this is true, why it is true, and if there is anything I can do to make the sled trailable as I do most of my riding on trails. I have heard that they can cause detonation problems, they hold too much heat, etc...
I haven't been able to ride the sled yet as there is no snow where I ride, crappy winter! :o|

Thanks for any advice

Only problem you might have is that sled really pulls from idling to wide open hehehe! So just point and shoot. Any other yammie cant match vmax 4 800 at top speed not even RX. Difference to vmax 600 is huge.

Congratulations you know what i mean when u ride our vmax4

ike

No no!! those pipe don't work!! I would definetly give them away to some poor sucker that doesn't know any better....like me for instance :).

You'll love them!!

Ike...the SRX will run away from a V4 top end...and bottom and mid too..but it sure doesn't feel that way. Our Stock V4 ran 108 in 2000' on a crappy run..the SRX never dropped below 115. Now quad pipes obviously make a difference but that is still a big brick you're trying to make fast.....

DoktorC said:
No no!! those pipe don't work!! I would definetly give them away to some poor sucker that doesn't know any better....like me for instance :).

You'll love them!!

Ike...the SRX will run away from a V4 top end...and bottom and mid too..but it sure doesn't feel that way. Our Stock V4 ran 108 in 2000' on a crappy run..the SRX never dropped below 115. Now quad pipes obviously make a difference but that is still a big brick you're trying to make fast.....
....I have to agree...I owned a 95 vmax4 and i sold it to my friend a bought a 02 srx...stock for stock the srx walks away from the vmax on the top end......I know alot of you vmax guys will not like what i said but I am just telling you my experiance...By the was I still love the looks of that vmax4.

Ok guys I can belive U. I havent driven both sleds on same day, same temperature etc.

ike

Tony, yeah, I'm a member, like you I'm a member on this forum too. I like to get as much feedback as possible. I didn't ask the ? on vmax4.com cause every thread that I read about quads, other than PSIs, said that they were not good for trail rididng. This is the 1997 Vmax 4 that I bought from Big Moose. I do have the stock exhaust for it as well, but I would like to keep the power of the quads but did not want to use the quads if it were unsafe for the sled for trail riding. I do most riding on the trails and not lakes. I had read that quads other than PSI trailblasters? get too hot, cause RPMs to be too high, and can cause detonation problems if you use them for trail riding. Anyways, my concern was I want to be able to ride the trails with the benders without blowing the sled up, because I do blast across the lakes from time to time and I definately want the additional power the quads create then.

EXCITER570 (chris) JUST HAVING ALITTLE FUN WITH YA. IF MY MEMORIE IS CORRECT, I AM THE ONE WHO GAVE THE THE TIP ABOUT THIS 97 VMAX4 IN N.Y. AT BIG MOOSE YAMAHA WHILE YOU WERE READY TO GO THE MIDWEST FOR ONE. JUST HAVE JETTING CORRECT AND RUN GOOD PREM. FUEL AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.!! 3:16 (tony)

Tony, yup, your memory is correct, and thanks again for the tip, it was a heck of a lot easier going up to Big Moose, seeing that I keep my sleds in Old Forge anyways, than having one shipped from Wisconsin! I see you live in Webster, I grew up in Webster. Most of my family still lives there but we never really ride that area, always up in the Old Forge area, maybe I'll catch you up there sometime! What jet sizes do you recommend? I'm not sure as to what it's jetted at currently, I haven't checked and won't be back to Old Forge to play with the sleds till there's snow.

Back