crazy question for ya?

j2hizzo

VIP Member
I broke my back a last winter. I told my roomate to take my srx to the radar runs since I couldn't ride it. It took first place and got a trophy for it. We moved into our own apartments recently and I noticed the trophy was no where to be found. I asked him about it and he said he took it because he won it. My question is who's trophy is it? I think its 100% mine because MY sled won it.....and my back was broken. I'm thinking he's being a dink about it. Opinions please!

Tough one. Not sure how that kinda thing works in the race world, im sure their is a unwritten rule about that kinda thing. But i have to side with the roomate. Might have been your sled but he was still hittin the throttle. Its easy enough to go to a trophy shop and have another one made up so you both have one! One for him and one for your sled.

I'm in agreement trophy belongs to the driver. Team owners like yourself are in the background. You bare the sled expenses, You wrench on sled, you tune the sled, you haul to and from the track. But you win team owner credibility points. Your good looking buddy gets the girl, pictures and trophy. Next year when you enter the money race tell him in advance you get the check unless of course your driving. Just teasing. ---mac---

Guess I don't see it like that. When he got home that day he said, "I won a trophy for ya". I'm not a team owner, I had a broken back. If I lent him a peddle bike and he won then I can see it. What erks me the most is he is a Polaris/skidoo nut. I can see him 20 years from now telling his friends how he won it with a Polaris....

I was in the same deal this past winter with a friend I ended up taking the trophy home he kept the money fair enough I drove the sled for him

my buddy runs my sled for me most of the time as he's 50lbs lighter than me. we keep the trophies in my shop, but I have to agree, I think in most cases the driver keeps the trophy. That being said, it's one of those things that needs to be agreed upon ahead of time. especially when its just 2 friends, not an actual race team situation.

who paid the entry fee to run the sled? if he paid the entry fee then it is his trophy. if you paid the entry fee then it is your trophy

I paid. He had a great idea. We are gonna run them this winter. My stock srx and his 04 Xc 700. I raced him on hardpack last year and I beat him by 8-10 sled lengths. He geared it down and put a new track in it. I also put a .92 track in mine. It should be a fun race

j2hizzo said:
I paid. He had a great idea. We are gonna run them this winter. My stock srx and his 04 Xc 700. I raced him on hardpack last year and I beat him by 8-10 sled lengths. He geared it down and put a new track in it. I also put a .92 track in mine. It should be a fun race

Is this race for the trophy?

I think is he was a true friend he would just give you the trophy... if he dont.... the 1st word that comes to mind is selfish.... its the point of the matter to me not about the sled or the driver.

I raced my brothers Vmax 4 a few years ago. I paid entry fee and he gave me the trophy. Actually tracked me down later tht night, and gave it to me. Said I won it.
If he wanted it back I would just give it to him.
Of course he also raced that day and got a trophy of his own.
If you go pop ballons at the county fair, you win a prize, not the guy who owns the darts...LOL

I see it as your sled entered into a radar run paid by you to enter.All he had to do is pull the trigger on your set up sled.Your cup

If it was drag races were his reaction at the line won it.His cup

Still not worth loseing a friend over i would setup a little challange something you are better at than him?

If you won a race on HIS Polaris would you want the trophy? I wouldn't!

with the fleet of sleds i have i let a driver drive them (me too heavy) i set them up so all the testing and keep them all in top shape to keep them on the podium i pay for race fuel and oil ...........the drivers keep the trophies ihave way to many any who and most end up in the shop anyway .........as far as the money thing the agreement is if there is enough to cover costs for fuel in the truck that is all that matters the rest goes to the drivers (sponsors pay for the race fuel) and most of the time we take my drivers truck just because it gets way better milage than mine so he gets all the money too ............but he does help and test the sleds not just sit and drive ..............i am the owner builder and tuner and that gets as enough attention as the driver

Back