Help MR. SLED

snomaxx

First let me thank you for this great site. Now the problem 97 SX700, what needs to be done to the clutch to run the 8dn belt, I changed to it at the end of last season and had over rev problems, sled is stock with drilled can and notched reeds. Would like to run the clutch set-up on the tech page, is this possible with out the head gasket mod? thanks

tell me what set up you are running??? Try to add more weight to the tip....tell me what RPMs are your running??? When you nail the gas where does it go...then how high will it climb??

I know them 700 sx,s inside & out. Check to see if centre to centre & deflection is good. Run a new 8dn belt. Put 1 deflection washer behind the 3 small bolts behind the secondary cus the 8dn belt is a little thinner then the 8ch. Make sure your clutch springs are in good shape. Run a 4.5 gram inner rivet, 3.1 or 3.6 outer depending on rider weight. Run a 51/43 helix at 60 degree wrap.....woila....8400 rpm!!!!!

turk thanks for the info, i need to know how to check deflection and also I will get new springs and find a used helix or buy new one from rich. I also forgot to tell you the sled is geared down 22/40 and the rider wt. is 250 so what weight in the outer 3.1 or 3.6 thanks

Back