studder box

I know guys that are using them on turbo 2 and 4 stroke turbo sleds but all have a non baffled muffler but wa told you cant use them on a baffled muffler because it blows them apart.

Don't stay on the stutter long! Its very hard on reeds. Been there done that a few times on a V Max 4.

its installed but have not had time to put a video for you needaSRX. way to busy at work. will try for next week for out. thanks jabber for the info

How does it work for ya even without the video ?

Does your sled launch harder and what RPM's does it engage at

Thanks Andy ;)!

Last edited:
bluemonster1 said:
wow Andy,that is one nice sounding Cat there..but what does the stutter box actually do..cut engine back..why???

I'll leave that answer for the experts all I know is they sound bada$$ on takeoff ;)!

On a 4 stroke they use a shudder box to build boost on the line. On a two stroke it allows you to hold the rpm's of the motor electricly at a set point just below clutch engagement, letting you focus on the tree! You then dump or release the studded button and the ignition is allowed to rev up. Problem is the way it works is it miss fires or drops the spark on the engine. It causes some fuel loading and back firing and is very hard on reeds. It can however really improve your consistency on the tree!

its my opinon but the stutter box i could,nt be bothered to use it , put one on my nytro and i don,t like it , i perfer to have a preset engage ment bring rpms to that and wait for the light , and any body that was using them against me did,ent see any advantage and most of them got beat by old school racing

Back