79 Exciter 440 Vs 79 Eltigre 5000

Cwagner100

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Both stock. El tigre makes a little more hp but I think the exciter will be quicker.

Used to make mincmeat of them back in the day on my 80EX. The tigger had the advantage sometimes at the launch because of it's cleats (no studs on the EX) but that was the end of it. 500ft, 1000ft, all the way across the lake, all day on the trail... EX all the way. We rode with three guys who owned them. Went up north once with them. Never again. Took them an hour to slosh gas and get them started every day and they always had to be close enough to the motel to go back and slosh some more before the day was done.

The 5000 tigger was a joke in comparison to an EX.

opsled

THERE WERE AFEW AROUND BACK IN THE DAY THAT WE CRUSHED HARD WITH SRX,s. I KNOW YOU ASK EXCITER. ONE THING ABOUT A 5000 CAT WAS THEY WERE PRETTY FINCKY , COLDER IT WAS OUTSIDE BETTER THEY RAN. RACE AND FIND OUT I GUESS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

My money would be on the Cat. Wouldn't be a whole lot of money though. Line 'em up on a 20 deg + day. Race him on a 15 deg or lower day and your probably toast.
79 was back when Cat actually built descent sleds.

Back