TY group ride planning! let's boogie!

vmaxjohn

Website
www.myspace.com
Putting a group together for Muni this coming weekend!

We'll roll in thursday afteroon, and maybe get out that day for some play.

we'd like to hit some trails on friday and sunday, and hit the play areas saturday when the traffic is high and the trails tend to get roughish.

We'll ride for the group, so any lesser experienced riders are totally welcome. We'll ride as fast as the group can, and I'm very picky about keeping the person behind you insight. We stop and regroup at pretty much every stop sign. Ride sober always and fast if we can.

I can't pass up a play area though, and I get stuck alot!hehe

Anyone interested in some fun riding, find me at the party room at the AlgerFalls thursday, and we'll plan some great riding.

Saturday will probably mean not alot of miles, but alot of playing in powder, jumping, getting off the beaten path, etc.

Sunday will be mostly a trail day, since the grooming is awesome and the traffic light . Still, we won't pass up s fresh snow to mash.

Any plans we make in advance are subject to change once we get a group together with ideas of where to go! Can't wait to get up there people!

John

I will not be attending this get together, but do me one favor. Make sure everybody who shows up gets involved. Two years ago my wife and I decided at the last minute to go to Munising, I knew about the TY ride, so we headed over to Algers Motel and saw lots of blue sleds many people walking around and knocking on doors waking people up. We did talk to a couple of people on our own, but these people who would stop for a chat were also new or “Out side the Loop” as I like to say. Need less to say sleds started moving out in-groups and before we knew it we were one of the few left behind. We caught up with one group that stopped at a gas station, asked if we could tag along, and without warning sleds started taking of in all directions. If you want people to come back make them feel welcome.

Sorry to hear that Derek! Last year there was alot of confusion, because we didn't set up our groups ahead of time. That's what I'm trying to ward off with this thread.

I hope you get to come up again, and realize that the night before if when we do set up our groups. Also, it's really hard for MrSled to organize 60+ people and also make the event! It's a very special get together though, with tons of great folks, so try try again, please!

I can't wait to get up there and ride!

Can not make this Muni trip because I'll be in Pellston with the Trail Riders club I belong to, well see about any future dates. Depends on were the snow is at the time. I am not going to drive 7 hours if I can find snow in 2 hours.

:o| MOF, we'll be pulling in a little ahead of you thursday, but it sounds like I'll be renting a sled for friday and saturday now... :o|

So, we'll hoook up at the AF and go from there.

Take care on the way up!

John

LOL The best was last year when a little group of us, while sitting in the hot tub drinking beer, planned to ride on Saturday to meet Buddah and Doc. When we left the gas station there were probably 50 sleds!

Derek, if you don't know anyone it's best to try to make arrangements on here prior to getting up there or just plan on riding by yourselves and meeting up with everyone later on. I know it can be confusing but a lot of the people riding together don't know each other well (if at all), don't have a definate plan on where they're going or what they're doing, and it can be like caos until you get out riding for a few miles.

Back