Petosky area, anyone ridden there!

alswagg

VIP Member
Petosky area, Great conditions! A+

We are interested in riding the Petosky area. Has anyone ridden there? If so, how are the trails? Where would you recommend staying?? We are looking at brentwood lodge???? Never riden this area before. Thanks Al

Last edited:

We ride just south of petosky and the trails were getting thin. Im getting ready to leave for our place in otsego now. My buddy did say plenty of snow off trail yet (he rode wed) heading towards elmira, jordan valley. We have been getting lake effect every night and the groomers were still running as of yesterday. Never stayed in petosky but if they dont have snow i know its still rideable out of gaylord, waters area. Have fun and maybe see ya around. Chris

Brentwood lodge in indian river? Havent ever stayed there so :dunno: . Havent ben on the trails up there but ran around working the last 2 days up there. Can confirm the thin report, pretty snirty. If you end up at the brentwood I would suggest running N/S. I ran up to wolverine and back on monday and those trails were all good, ben getting pretty steady dusting daily, REAL windy/drifty today.

Just watched the weather forecast...35 monday and climbing to 38 a couple days this coming week....possible rain WTF! I think old man winter has mixed up his meds and is taking mother natures estrogen!

Well we are heading to Brentwood Lodge at Indian River in the morning. We heard the snow has finally fallen and is still coming down. Woo Hoo!

alswagg said:
Well we are heading to Brentwood Lodge at Indian River in the morning. We heard the snow has finally fallen and is still coming down. Woo Hoo!

8" or so thus far...trails around here are SMOKED already. Still recomend running N/S out of indian river. Main trails are old RR bed.

Well, we road the trails around Indian River and had a blast. Today the temps were cold, but not too bad. We ran a total of 228 miles today and most were logging roads and two tracks. The snow depth was knee deep in most areas, and in the meadows thigh deep. Nobody was on the trails today. We only saw 5 sleds on the trails. The best watering hole is the BS tavern. A special thanks goes out to Jake, a local who helped us out when the Viper ran low on gas. Trail 7 which runs North and South is getting a little lumpy tonight. I suspect alot of traffic was run on it today. Anyway, the trails aroung Indian River South to East Jordan and Woverine are Awsome. Tomorrow, we hope to Ride another couple hundred miles. We would like to run North West if the snow is good enough that direction. Oh, we met another TY member. Devil in a Blue dress, just as we parked the rig at Brentwood, he pulled in and introduced himself. It was nice meeting a fellow member. Thanks Al

Went from Petoskey to Indian River today. Trails are in great shape and lots of snow up here now. I would say since Monday we have got 14 inches or more of fresh snow. Feels great to finally get on snowmobiling. :sled2:

We just returned from our trip North. The riding was great around Indian River, and Woverine. The trails West of Woverine was great. We Ran a Total of $404 miles, again most were on logging roads and two tracks, along with some nice meadows, powerlines, and as well as the trail system. The rails to trails #7 was getting slightly rough last night. Anyway, we had a great time! Al

Back