Radar Run listings

staggs65

Tis the season, want to get a list of radar runs started. post any you know of and I'll add it to the list. Anyone that goes to any of them post you're results. We all like to hear how the old yammies stack up.

MAINE

January 20
RADAR RUNS, held by the Portage Lakers SC, on Portage Lake in front of the Forestry Building. Registration begins 9a.m., Races at 10a.m. 22 classes, Juniors, Minis to Improved Stock 1000. Mini class 6-12 years old, 250cc max. Must be 16 or older for all other classes. Under 18 need onsite parental permission. FMI: Jen Curran 207-227-0045, email.
January 24, 25, 26
SNODEO, In the Rangeley Lakes Region. www.rangeleysnowmobile.com. Mark your calendars - more details TBA.
January 26
The USCC Lake Parlin 100 is back! We're only 2 1/2 weeks away from the drop of the checkered flag. Make your plans now to join us on Saturday, January 26th for Pro and Amateur Cross country racing action as well as radar runs and 120 kids races all day. This event is being brought to you by the Coburn Summit Riders so mark your calander and come out to support the club. You can visit lakeparlin100.com for more details or USCCEast.com.
January 26, 27
OXFORD HILLS SNOWFEST, sponsored by the Norway Trackers SC, on the ice on Norway Lake! Two days of snowmobile racing, radar runs, grudge matches, antique sled exhibition and parade, and food and fun for the whole family. www.norwaytrackers.com.
January 31-February 2
POLAR BLAST, Annual winter celebration in the Eustis - Stratton area. Visit www.eustismaine.com.
February 2
On Feb 2., SVSC will be hosting a radar run/test n tune in conjunction with the Pine Tree Ride-In Weekend. We will NOT be doing a drag race. Separate lanes will be used for testing and radar runs. Testing lane will use Porta Tree timing system with timing slips for RT, 60 FT, ET and MPH. Radar lane will be using a radar gun. 1st place trophies for radar run. Registration starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 12:00 PM for the radar run. Testing can be done any time. Fees - Testing - $20 for the day. Radar run - $20 for 5 runs. Classes will be announced shortly.
Lots to do in Newport as the Pine Tree Ride-In celebrates its 40th year. Egg Riders, parade, chicken BBQ, Rave-X, Saturday night supper and fireworks!
February 9
NAPLES WINTER CARNIVAL, Mark your calendars, more details TBA. www.muddyriversnoseekers.org.
February 9, 10
SABATTUS FAMILY SNOW FEST, 9a.m.-4p.m., Sabattus Lake, Route 126, Long Beach. Food, fun and radar runs. Hosted by the Sabattus Mountaineers, sponsored by Woody's Performance Center.
snowfest2013_zps3be43d93.jpg

MINNESOTA

January 26
Zimmerman, MN has a fun run jan 26th on Elk lake http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/eve/3524241067.html
February 2, 3
Spicer,mn. sno-skippers radar run, 1000' shaved track, 2000' shaved shutdown, big speeds in the 150's, Feb. 2nd and 3rd, 2013, INFO.cell# 320-262-3814 6:00-9:00pm R.J.

WISCONSIN

January 26
anchor bay bar in between stevens point and wisconsin rapids wi......http://www.kellnerknights.org/ai1ec_event/radar-run/?instance_id=
February 1, 2, 3
Discover Wisconsin presents the 10th annual race weekend in St Germain,WI!
Feb 1,2,3,2013 Friday practice and Saturday fun runs and competion runs. Radar speed runs on 660' snow (if we have any!) and Porta tree timing system 1000' shaved ice with 2000' shutdown. Followed by Sunday two lane drag races. A very popular BIKINI run for Pink Ribbon Riders will run on Saturday along with a Grocery Cart race. Check out www.radarracers.com for more info on participating in bikini run or races. Also great photos and videos! Ice is looking great at this point, always a HUGE event!
February 9
Minoqua Cross Country Cruisers is hosting once again a 'radar' run with Portatree timing system on 1000' shaved ice and 2000' shutdown. There will also be a 660' snow radar run (if there is snow!). Also on Saturday will be the bikini run, food and refreshments, porta potties, swap meet and groomer rides. The Friday before will have a snowmobile parade and food, beverages, and music leading to fireworks later that night! Check out www.snowmobilewi.com for more info or contact Tom at bird@firstweber.com Racing questions can be directed to stgermaindragracers@yahoo.com as well as preregistrations.

Last edited:

radar runs

Spicer,mn. sno-skippers radar run, 1000' shaved track, 2000' shaved shutdown, big speeds in the 150's, Feb. 2nd and 3rd, 2013, INFO.cell# 320-262-3814 6:00-9:00pm R.J.

Last edited:
99srx

Bada$$

Have you ever ran your 99 600 in a 1000' radar run? Just wondering what kind of speeds you are getting. rj21

Discover Wisconsin St Germain Radar and Drag Races

Discover Wisconsin presents the 10th annual race weekend in St Germain,WI!
Feb 1,2,3,2013 Friday practice and Saturday fun runs and competion runs. Radar speed runs on 660' snow (if we have any!) and Porta tree timing system 1000' shaved ice with 2000' shutdown. Followed by Sunday two lane drag races. A very popular BIKINI run for Pink Ribbon Riders will run on Saturday along with a Grocery Cart race. Check out www.radarracers.com for more info on participating in bikini run or races. Also great photos and videos! Ice is looking great at this point, always a HUGE event!

Last edited:
Minoqua Cruiserfest Speed Run Feb 9,2013

Minoqua Cross Country Cruisers is hosting once again a 'radar' run with Portatree timing system on 1000' shaved ice and 2000' shutdown. There will also be a 660' snow radar run (if there is snow!). Also on Saturday will be the bikini run, food and refreshments, porta potties, swap meet and groomer rides. The Friday before will have a snowmobile parade and food, beverages, and music leading to fireworks later that night! Check out www.snowmobilewi.com for more info or contact Tom at bird@firstweber.com Racing questions can be directed to stgermaindragracers@yahoo.com as well as preregistrations.

I believe there is radar runs this weekend at Lakeside bar on Lake Wisconsin. I called them a few days ago and was told everything was a go. Was told registration was at 8am, racing at 10am.

prostock28 said:
jeff. you gon make it to norway this weekend?
I'm not sure yet. the top-end is off my Viper right now so we'll see if I get it back together. I'm going to try to pull off a miracle and have my SRX ready for sabattus, long way to go though. I heard they had some coverage on FOX this morning from Newport.

Last edited:
goody_700 said:
I believe there is radar runs this weekend at Lakeside bar on Lake Wisconsin. I called them a few days ago and was told everything was a go. Was told registration was at 8am, racing at 10am.

is that the one in the main list or a different one?

rj21 said:
Bada$$

Have you ever ran your 99 600 in a 1000' radar run? Just wondering what kind of speeds you are getting. rj21
nope never have, i guess its actually a 660' but i will post results after this weekend

well ran today and i did 84.9 mph in 660'......was looking to get closer to 90 mph but traction wasnt the best and couldnt seem to hook up well :sled2:

bADa$$ SRX said:
well ran today and i did 84.9 mph in 660'......was looking to get closer to 90 mph but traction wasnt the best and couldnt seem to hook up well :sled2:
was that ice or snow? either way how did it hold up against the rest in your class?

Well, went to the radar runs today on Lake WI, didn't run my sled, (I never would of hooked up anyway, junk track and not enough studs)...but anyway, had a great time, weather was awesome, no wind and 25 degrees today. Standing there and watching the sleds run was entertaining. Was warm enough to stand there with no hat and no gloves and be comfortable. Of course the fastest sled of the day was a Yamaha, a turbocharged Apex, it ran around 130MPH in 1000' I believe. He parked right next to us and that's what I heard when he was talking to his friends. All I know is that Apex was hauling some mail by me, I was about 3/4 track watching, freaking flying he was...and he didn't even get after it until about 100' out or so, then the skis were 3' off the ground for a bit, then it settled down...pretty cool to watch. All in all I had a great time. On the negative side, I actually blew a belt today, couldn't believe it, I suppose it would of happened eventually though, I was beating on it pretty good and the belt was 4 years old so I guess I can't complain... Those 8DN belts are tough! So is that red head engine. Man I BEAT on that thing up today, WOT for 15-20 secs at a time, never skipped a beat. Best triple ever made, hands down...

Back