Munising Conditions

munisean

VIP Lifetime Member
Had a group at my House here South of Munising over the weekend. We did not get the snow they predicted.... again. The trails are snirt. You here the clatter of rocks on the skis. Off trail is really a no go. Went around to a bunch of the usual spots. Still untouched and fresh. To many hidden treasures. Not having any base with under a foot of the fluffy powder.

I have been hearing that there has been more snow falling to the east. Some folks riding to Grand Marais and reporting good conditions. If there is going to be any off trail riding, I think the Plains is the only option at this point. If you don't mind the low snow on the trials, you can ride them.

Just hope we get more snow. Need the wind to be out of the NW instead of West. West U.P. has been getting some good snow.

Thanks for the update Sean....Hope to see you at the Comfort inn. We will be hanging in the lounge in the evenings and the Give-away will be Sat night in the lounge.

Whats the average distance between gas stations up here. Heading up from chicago Very early Saturday Morning Got a 95 vmax 600 gas hog, dont want to run out.

Not to familiar with that area. But a little east near newberry and that, no worries. Just don't pass one up. I have been up there when gas stations were running out of fuel... all grades. That was with my 96 vmax was towed back with a venture triple. Now we carry an extra gallon.

We rode from Lake Gogebic to North to Lake in the Clouds and back last Sat. It was mostly pretty good riding. Gogebic had some pretty scary ice heaves with 5 to 10 feet of open water on one side. I heard one sled went in. I would think with all this cold they would be frozen by now.

thefindian said:
Are you guys gonna do any boondocking?

Boondocking - THis is going to be risky. I have a hard time taking it easy and going slow. THis is going to be the only way to fly. I hit a log on the shore of a lake last week with jthe SRX. My right arm still hurts. Sled made out ok. I was riding the SRX because I discovered I have a broken reed on my Viper Mountain. Need to find some one who has one in stock. Or if some one has one and can drop it off at the Forest Glenn General store on FFH13 on there way up that would be super cool. Just tell them it is for "Sean". Name your price. THey are the same reed as srx. I checked the part numbers. My Viper is a 2003.

IF no one has one, I hope Nielsons stocks one. I am down in the Northbrook area so I am thinking there has to be one in stock some where.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with the Yamaha crew.

MBllnr said:
Not to familiar with that area. But a little east near newberry and that, no worries. Just don't pass one up. I have been up there when gas stations were running out of fuel... all grades. That was with my 96 vmax was towed back with a venture triple. Now we carry an extra gallon.

So I will be staying in Munising, we will prob head east since it seems there is more snow that way. I can got about 50 miles on a tank running from 50 to 60 mph most of the time. Will I be okay? Will be taking trail 8 to Grand Marias

jmlarson686 said:
So I will be staying in Munising, we will prob head east since it seems there is more snow that way. I can got about 50 miles on a tank running from 50 to 60 mph most of the time. Will I be okay? Will be taking trail 8 to Grand Marias

I would think you will be ok. I would invest in a nice 1 gallon can to strap on the back of the sled.

Found Reeds @ Recreation Plus in Twin Lakes, WI. :)

Back