Hood rubbing on tripple pipes.

Tyler

I just installed bender power package on my 02 viper. The cowl is rubbing on the center pipe left side. I installed the shim kit removed the foam where the pipe runs, but it still hits. I was thinking about adding washers or rigging somthing to keep the left side of the hood up a liit bit. What have others done to resolve this problem?

i used to have bender triples and they rubbed on the hood even after i put in the hinge riser so i called them and they sent me a new set because they thought i might have got welded on the jig wrong

I stacked up 1/4 inch of washers under the front hinge and shimmed the hood up plus had to trim down one of the tabs that the screen attached to.

hammer

:D just take a hammer to them , make sure you put heat tape on inside of hood were its going to hit , but you can take a hammer to the pipes , just crunch the top down alittle, i had the same problem , took them to hackers and the guy just pounded the top down with a hammer alittle , smiled at me and said have a nice day :shock:

Back